Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Anniston AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Anniston AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Anniston AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Anniston AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Anniston AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Anniston or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Anniston AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Anniston AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Anniston Alabama
Anniston is the county seat of Calhoun County in Alabama and is one of two urban centers/principal cities of and included in the Anniston-Oxford Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 23,106. According to 2013 Census estimates, the city had a population of 22,666.
Though the surrounding area was settled much earlier, the mineral resources in the area of Anniston were not exploited until the Civil War. The Confederate States of America then operated an iron furnace near present-day downtown Anniston, until it was finally destroyed by raiding Union cavalry in early 1865. Later, cast iron for sewer systems became the focus of Anniston's industrial output. Cast iron pipe, also called soil pipe, was popular until the advent of plastic pipe in the 1960s.
In 1872, the Woodstock Iron Company, organized by Samuel Noble and Union Gen. Daniel Tyler, rebuilt the furnace on a much larger scale, and started a planned community named Woodstock, soon renamed "Annie's Town" for Annie Scott Tyler, Daniel's daughter and wife of railroad president Alfred L. Tyler. Anniston was chartered as a town in 1873.
Though the roots of the town's economy were in iron, steel and pipe clay, planners touted it as a health resort, and several hotels began operating. Schools also appeared, including the Noble Institute, a school for girls established in 1886, and the Alabama Presbyterian College for Men, founded in 1905. Careful planning and easy access to rail transportation helped make Anniston the fifth largest city in the state from the 1890s to the 1950s.
Monday 10/15 10%
Partly cloudy. High 83F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 10/16 30%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with a few showers. High 74F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.
Wednesday 10/17 40%
Chance of Rain
Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 68F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday 10/18 0%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 74F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 10/19 0%
Partly cloudy. High 71F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Anniston AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Anniston AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5
Bing: Anniston AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Vinyl Flooring Tile and Plank Installation in Anniston, AL
We are a team of certified vinyl flooring contractors, and we provide affordable, reliable and professional vinyl flooring installation, cleaning, scratch repair and restoration services for customers in the Anniston, Alabama area.
Tile Installers in Anniston | Tile Anniston AL contractors
eHARDHAT helps you find the best Anniston Tile Installers. Compare top AL Tile contractors. Find the best pro for you right now!
East & Son Tile Company | Anniston, Alabama
Our services include tile installation, custom showers, kitchen and bathroom floors, backsplashes, stone porches, outside kitchens. You can also check out our tile selections in our showroom located in a restored building in historic downtown Anniston, Alabama.
8 Best Tile Contractors - Anniston AL | HomeAdvisor
Anniston Tile Contractors are rated 4.20 out of 5 based on 21 reviews of 8 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Anniston, AL (with Free ...
If the tile walls are 6 feet to 8 feet high, in this example, the tile installation costs would run about $2,000. Price includes materials. Tile installation on a 3-foot by 5-foot regular tub and shower walls with an 8-foot ceiling: $1,450.
tile ceramic contractors in Anniston, AL | Reviews ...
Find tile ceramic contractors in Anniston, AL on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
Best Tile Roof Installation Contractors - Anniston AL ...
Hire the Best Tile Roof Contractors in Anniston, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Anniston Traditional Tile Roof Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Anniston, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Anniston, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services. Professionals.
Best 15 General Contractors in Anniston, AL | Houzz
Anniston, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Anniston, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Anniston, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Anniston, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. ... I had this company sand and refinish the hardwood in my living and dining rooms and install tile in my kitchen. They came out very quickly and did a great job. ... Flooring Contractor • Anniston, AL.