Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Athens AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Athens AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Athens AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Athens AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Athens AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Athens or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Athens AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Athens AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Athens Alabama
Athens is a city in Limestone County, in the State of Alabama. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city is 21,897. The city is the county seat of Limestone County and is included in the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area.
Founded in 1818 by John Coffee, Robert Beaty, John D. Carroll, and John Read, Athens is one of the oldest incorporated cities in the State of Alabama, having been incorporated one year prior to the state's admittance to the Union in 1819. Limestone County was also created by an act of the Alabama Territorial Legislature in 1818. The town was first called Athenson, but was incorporated as Athens after the ancient city in Greece. The town's first mayor was Samuel Tanner, and the Tanner area, south of Athens, was named on his behalf.
The Athens area was the home of William Wyatt Bibb, the first Governor of Alabama, and its second Governor, his brother Thomas Bibb, who succeeded him in office when he died in a fall from his horse.
In 1822, local residents purchased 5 acres (20,000 m2) of land and constructed a building to house the Athens Female Academy. The school became affiliated with the Methodist church in 1842, and was eventually renamed Athens Female College. After becoming coeducational in 1932, the school changed its name again to Athens College. After being taken over by the State of Alabama in 1974, the college was converted to a “reverse junior college,” offering the last two years of instruction for graduates of area community colleges. It is today known as Athens State University.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High near 60F. Winds N at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday 03/27 0%
Mostly sunny skies. High 66F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 03/28 0%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High around 70F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 03/29 0%
Cloudy. High 71F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 03/30 80%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Cloudy early with thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 69F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Find the Right Athens AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Athens AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 21
Bing: Athens AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
augusta materials - craigslist
search titles only has image posted today bundle duplicates include nearby areas albany, GA (aby); asheville, NC (ash); athens, GA (ahn); atlanta, GA (atl); auburn ...
Tile Roofing - Imitation Metal Roofing - Metal Roofing Experts
Our metal roofing experts offering imitation metal tile roofing to Augusta, Savannah, Macon and Atlanta Georgia contractors, roofing material distributors & homeowners.
Cost to Install Vinyl Flooring - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Average cost to install vinyl flooring is about $800 - $1,000 (installing a new floor of 200 square feet of vinyl plank floor). Find here detailed information about vinyl floor installation costs.
8 Tips for Keeping Your Electric Generator Running Happy ...
Site Ownership Bio: It can be very expensive when it comes to remodeling your home! It can also take a lot of time if you are trying to find the “right contractor” with the same vision as you and still stay within your budget when you are updating your home’s kitchen, bathrooms, closets, and basement.
25 Best Roofers - Huntsville AL | HomeAdvisor Roofing ...
Hire the Best Roofing Contractors in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 397 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Roofing Contractors. Feltman Contracting, Affordable Contracting, North Alabama Roofing and Restorations, Inc., Coltus Roofing and Construction, Ragland Construction Company, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
12 Best Remodeling Contractors - Huntsville AL | Home ...
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 177 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Vandergriff Construction, Champion Window Company of Huntsville, LLC, Alldredge Family Remodeling, Harold H. Potts, Jr., About The House. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Metal Roof Installation - Metal Roofing Panels - Metal ...
Metal Roofing Panels & Trim for Contractors. Contractors across the Southeast rely on Advanced Aluminum for top quality metal roofing products and superior customer service.
Cost to Install Tile Floor - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Average cost to install tile flooring is about $700 - $2,000 (200 sq.ft. grade 2 slate, PEI II, subfloor, and removal of old flooring). Find here detailed information about tile flooring installation costs.
Digital Roofing Innovations - Roofers Decatur, AL | Voted ...
We are proud to serve our communities during a time of need. Our office is located in Decatur, AL allowing us to serve the surrounding areas of Northern Alabama including Decatur, Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Athens, Cullman, Hartselle, Muscle Shoals, and Guntersville, AL.
Home Improvement Ideas | Better Homes & Gardens
We have the best home improvement projects, expert advice, and DIY home improvement ideas for your home. Whether you want to customize a basic builder design, renovate an old home, or learn how to remodel a kitchen or a bathroom, you can create your dream home with smart planning and the right home improvement contractors.