Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Helena AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Helena AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Helena AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Helena AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Helena AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Helena or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Helena AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Helena AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Helena Alabama
Helena (pronunciation hel-LE-nah) is a city in Jefferson and Shelby Counties in the state of Alabama. Helena is considered a suburb of Birmingham and part of the Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Area. As of the 2010 census, the population was 16,793. Helena is highly regarded as a place to live and raise children; Business Week named Helena the 13th "Best Place to Raise Your Kids" in 2007. It has the eighth-lowest crime rate per population in the U.S., and the city was ranked in Money magazine's 2007 list of "Best Places to Live: Top 100" in the U.S., placing at number 91. The Alabama League of Municipalities awarded Helena the 2008 Municipal Achievement Award (population 10,001 to 20,000).
Helena initially incorporated in 1877, but reincorporated in 1917 after errors were discovered in the initial incorporation papers. It did not first appear on the U.S. Census until 1920, giving credence to the later date of incorporation.
The initial settlers to Helena, initially named Cove, were veterans of the final campaigns of the War of 1812. Members of Andrew Jackson's army who cut through the brush were attracted to the quiet, peaceful valleys and streams after the Battle of Horseshoe Bend. These first settlers were reported to arrive in 1849 and were predated by the Creek Indian tribes who these settlers had battled. By 1856, the Cove post office opened. Shortly thereafter, the settlers changed the name of the town to Hillsboro.
The onset of the Civil War brought the need for the South to increase its manufacturing output and add industrialization where there was none prior. Coal and iron ore mines were dug all throughout the area and the addition of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad infrastructure made Helena a center point for the wartime efforts. Around 1864 a rolling mill was built on Buck Creek, near the rail lines to process the Iron from Selma. Peter Boyle, an engineer for the railroad working on a new line, met and courted Helen Lee. He would name the burgeoning rail station that fed the rolling mill after her and, eventually, changing the town name to Helena.
Find the Right Helena AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Helena AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 20
Bing: Helena AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
5 Best Tile Contractors - Helena MT | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Helena, MT on HomeAdvisor. Montana Made Custom, LLC, W2 Tile Co., LLC, Gonser Custom Construction, MD Go Green Construction, True Grit Construction, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Bass Tile | Better Business Bureau® Profile
Tile installation, shower pan repair, bath remodeling, tub to shower conversion. ... Helena, AL 35080-7827 Email this Business. ... Ceramic Tile Contractors. Bathroom Remodel. Kitchen Remodel.
Best 30 Tile Contractors Dealers in Helena, AL with ...
Tile Contractors Dealers in Helena on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Helena, AL.
Gti Tile Contracting Helena AL, 35080 – Manta.com
Get information, directions, products, services, phone numbers, and reviews on Gti Tile Contracting in Helena, AL. Discover more Terrazzo, Tile, Marble, and Mosaic Work companies in Helena on Manta.com
Bass Tile - Remodeling, Bathroom, Tile Contractor
Let us help you in designing your Bathroom whether its colors or texture, sizes or shapes we've probably done it . remodeling kitchens ,tiling basements ,commercial and residential, tile contractor
The 10 Best Tile Installation Services in Helena, AL 2019 ...
Whether you’re in Helena or another city, tile installation jobs typically involve The installation or laying of tile or tiling and related materials on surfaces inside or outside the home You may also find that other types of services are needed for your Helena tile installation project.
Floor-Pro Hardwood & Ceramic Helena 35080 Alabama Tile ...
Expert flooring services in Helena: Wood floor install and repair, wood floor refinishing, vinyl and laminate flooring, carpet install or replace, tile flooring. Quality flooring that stands the test of time. Longevity, high performance and low maintenance. ... Tile-Ceramic-Contractors & Dealers in 35080.
Tile Contractors in Helena AL - Networx
When you have a tile problem in your Helena home or business, choose a tile contractor located in Helena, AL. By reading reviews posted by your neighbors, you can hire the Helena Alabama tile contractor you want, and be assured of their professionalism.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Helena, AL 2019 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Helena, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
Bass Tile. Remodeling Contractor - Helena, AL. Projects ...
See past project info for Bass Tile including photos, cost and more. Helena, AL - Remodeling Contractor. Professionals. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.