Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Leeds AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Leeds AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Leeds AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Leeds AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Leeds AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Leeds or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Leeds AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Leeds AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Leeds Alabama
Leeds is a tri-county municipality located in Jefferson, St. Clair, and Shelby counties in the State of Alabama and is an eastern suburb of Birmingham. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 11,773.
The War of 1812, geography, geology, and three cultures shaped the history of Leeds. Lying at the crossroads of desecrated ancient Native-American paths in the center of Alabama, Leeds drew European and African-American settlers to a land of fertile growing seasons and rich sources of coal and mineral ore. The early settlers built churches and schools with many remaining in Cedar Grove, Oak Ridge, Ohanafeefee and Mt. Pleasant. The principal survey of Leeds was entered into Jefferson County Map Book 10, page 21, in 1908. The settlement, dating to 1818 and incorporating on April 27, 1887 as "Leeds", has existed along the banks of the Little Cahaba River; beside an historic stagecoach route; and along two large railroads for the greater part of American History.
James Hamilton, a Scottish-Irish American veteran of the War of 1812 and first sheriff of Shelby County, settled in Cedar Grove in 1816. John Richard Ingram Pashal Stewart, a Cherokee English teacher and American veteran of the War of 1812, settled at Ohanafeefee Village c.1840. At Oak Ridge in 1820 or 1821, European settlers formed Shiloh Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the first CPC congregation in middle Alabama. By 1887, the original railroad pioneers included free African-American settlers who came to work at the Leeds cement plant and the Central of Georgia as the Georgia Pacific railroads. Some gravitated to historic Mt. Pleasant Church where a handful of freed slaves had founded Scott City, Hillard Holley, Ciscero Davis, Jeff Harris, and Bill Johnson started Leeds Negro/Primary School in 1921.
The tale of John Henry was believed to have originated in Leeds. In this folk story, John Henry, the "steel-drivin' man", raced and won against a steam engine in the laying of railroad that penetrated the Oak Mountain Tunnel in Leeds. Retired chemistry professor and folklorist John Garst, of the University of Georgia, has argued that the contest happened at the Coosa Mountain Tunnel or the Oak Mountain Tunnel of the Columbus and Western Railway (now part of Norfolk Southern Railway) in Leeds on September 20, 1887.
- 3:31 AM CST on February 19, 2019
- 6:00 AM CST on February 22, 2019
Tuesday 02/19 100%
Cloudy with periods of rain. High around 45F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Wednesday 02/20 90%
Rain. Thunderstorms possible...mainly in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Thursday 02/21 80%
A steady rain in the morning. Showers continuing in the afternoon. Thunder possible. High 59F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%.
Friday 02/22 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 69F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Saturday 02/23 60%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Showers early then scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High 74F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Find the Right Leeds AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Leeds AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 24
Bing: Leeds AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Why Choose Us | Anglian Home
Why Anglian? We're the UK's no.1 home improvements company. We've been delivering great quality, value and service to our customers for 50 years.
Mobirise - Free Website Builder Software
What is Mobirise? Mobirise is a free offline app for Windows and Mac to easily create small/medium websites, landing pages, online resumes and portfolios. 1500+ beautiful website blocks, templates and themes help you to start easily.
Contact Us Here With Any Questions You Have | Anglian Home
Anglian Home Improvements is a trading name of Anglian Windows Limited and is a credit broker, not a lender. We can offer credit from a Representative 9.9% APR Variable over a term from 60 months. We work with Hitachi Capital (UK) plc and Shawbrook Bank Limited, with the lender being dependent on your location.
Cleanzine - cleaning news, international cleaning news ...
HSS Outsource: time/money-saving solution for cleaning and FM contractors...ed in real-time and at the touch of a button - making equipment management quicker, easier and predo min antly paperless. "Gone are the days of being tied to expensive kit as margins are put under pressure - HSS Outsource means our customers will always have exactly what they need, wherever and whenever they need it ...
Gates of Vienna
Note: The following post accompanies Takuan Seiyo’s latest piece.Both are being kept “sticky” until tonight. Scroll down for other posts that have appeared since Wednesday. Certain posts at Gates of Vienna, among them those by Takuan Seiyo, tend to attract the attention and comments of people who are preoccupied with the Jews.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us.
UCP Search - Louisiana
UCP Directory Search: Company Name: Certifying Agency ...
25 Best Lawn Care Services in Birmingham AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Lawn Care Services in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2530 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Lawn Care Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Comprehensive Procurement Guideline (CPG) Program ...
The Comprehensive Procurement Guideline (CPG) program is part of EPA's Sustainable Materials Management initiative that promotes a system approach to reducing materials use and the associated environmental impacts over the materials’ entire life cycle.
The Craftsman Directory | The Craftsman Blog
Business Name Specialty Address Contact Description; Old House Specialists (AL): Doors, Windows. 1019 S Lawrence St. Montgomery, AL 36104. Website (334) 264-0597