Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Northport AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Northport AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Northport AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Northport AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Northport AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Northport or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Northport AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Northport AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Northport Alabama
Northport is a city in Tuscaloosa County in the west central part of the State of Alabama. Located on the Black Warrior River across from downtown Tuscaloosa, it is currently the 21st largest city in Alabama with an estimated population of 24,497 in 2013. It incorporated in 1871. It is part of the Tuscaloosa Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As Northport is adjacent to the larger city of Tuscaloosa, many residents work in Tuscaloosa or other parts of Tuscaloosa County. Although the two cities share a land boundary, much of their boundary (and historically all of the boundary) is the Black Warrior River.
As of the census of 2000, there were 19,435 people, 7,844 households, and 5,255 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,328.3 people per square mile (512.9/km²). There were 8,509 housing units at an average density of 581.6 per square mile (224.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 71.11% White, 26.03% Black or African American, 0.19% Native American, 0.80% Asian, 0.15% Pacific Islander, 1.02% from other races, and 0.70% from two or more races. 1.92% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 7,844 households out of which 32.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 48.3% were married couples living together, 15.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 33.0% were non-families. 28.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.41 and the average family size was 2.98.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. High 66F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 03/27 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High 72F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 03/28 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High 74F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 03/29 10%
Cloudy. High around 75F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 03/30 40%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy with afternoon showers or thunderstorms. High 74F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Find the Right Northport AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Northport AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Northport AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Best 30 Tile Marble in Northport, AL with Reviews - YP.com
Tile Marble in Northport on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Northport, AL. Start your search by typing in the business name below.
12 Best Tile Contractors - Tuscaloosa AL | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 94 Homeowner Reviews of Top Tuscaloosa Tile Contractors. Burton Renovations and Repairs, Head's Helping Hands, Home Rescue Repair Services, M.O. Holt Construction Services, LLC, Haynes Cleaning and Restoration. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
10 Best Tile Contractors - Northport AL | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Northport, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 60 Homeowner Reviews of Top Northport Tile Contractors. M.O. Holt Construction Services, LLC, BandB Construction, Burton Renovations and Repairs, Crest Cleaning and Restoration, Head's Helping Hands. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Northport AL ...
Find the Right Northport AL Tiling Contractor. Finding the right Northport AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area.
Tile Contractors in Northport, AL - cylex.us.com
Tile Contractor located in Northport, AL and has been servicing all of Northport the surrounding areas for many years. We specialize in Interior Painting, Exterior Painting, Pressure Washing Service,...
Tile Contractors in Northport AL - Networx
When you have a tile problem in your Northport home or business, choose a tile contractor located in Northport, AL. By reading reviews posted by your neighbors, you can hire the Northport Alabama tile contractor you want, and be assured of their professionalism.
Ceramic Tile Contractors in Northport, AL - cylex.us.com
Ceramic Tile Contractors in Northport, AL (Results 1 - 3 of 3) Switch to Map. 33.2336952,-87.5849955. Mcdaniel Flooring. ... Sheetrock Installation, Ceramic Tile Installation, House Painting and much more.. Here at Bernabe Itehua Painting, our mission is... More results nearby from the Tile & Terrazzo Contractors category; 33.210995,-87.554289 ...
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Northport, AL 2019 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Northport, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Northport, AL 2019 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Northport, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. ... Costs to install tile. $4600 - $10530. National average. ... Remodeling Contractor NORTHPORT, AL Fence Crafters of Alabama. Fence Contractor NORTHPORT, ...
Our 3 Best Northport, AL Flooring Contractors | Angie's List
Read Ratings and Reviews on Northport, AL Flooring Contractors on Angie’s List so you can pick the right Floor Installation the first time. How It Works Sign In ... Find Top-Rated Northport Flooring Contractors ... This company offers services like tile installation and flooring. Join Now.