Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Whittier AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Whittier AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Whittier AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Whittier AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Whittier AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Whittier or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Whittier AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Whittier AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Whittier Alaska
Whittier is a city at the head of the Passage Canal in the U.S. state of Alaska, about 58 miles southeast of Anchorage. The city is within the Valdez–Cordova Census Area. At the 2010 census the population was 220, up from 182 in 2000. The 2016 estimate was 214 people, almost all of whom live in a single building. Whittier is also a port for the Alaska Marine Highway.
The region occupied by Whittier was once part of the portage route of the Chugach people native to Prince William Sound. Later, the passage was used by Russian and American explorers, and by prospecting miners during the gold rush. The nearby Whittier glacier was named for American poet John Greenleaf Whittier in 1915, and the town eventually took the name as well.
During World War II, the United States Army constructed a military facility, complete with port and railroad near Whittier Glacier and named the facility Camp Sullivan. The spur of the Alaska Railroad to Camp Sullivan was completed in 1943 and the port became the entrance for United States soldiers into Alaska.
The two buildings that dominate the town were built after World War II. The 14-story Hodge Building (renamed Begich Towers) was completed in 1957 and contains 150 two- and three-bedroom apartments plus bachelor efficiency units. Dependent families and Civil Service employees were moved into this high-rise. The Whittier School was connected by a tunnel at the base of the west tower so students could safely access school on days with bad weather. The building was named in honor of Colonel Walter William Hodge, who was a civil engineer and the commanding officer of 93rd Engineer Regiment on the Alcan Highway.
Find the Right Whittier AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Whittier AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Whittier AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
25 Best Tile Contractors - Whittier CA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Whittier, CA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 716 Homeowner Reviews of Top Whittier Tile Contractors. Norman Ordonez, Sureshine Care and Restoration Services, Inc., Natural Stone Care, Inc., Finest Remodeling and Construction, Inc., George Tabello Tile and Stone. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 30 Contractors in Whittier, AK with Reviews - YP.com
Local contractors in Whittier, AK. Compare expert Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Rino's Tile & Stone. BBB Rating: A+. Serving the Whittier Area (907) 743-1075. ... Alas-Co General Construction specializes in thermal and acoustical insulation, and vapor barrier systems installation and ...
Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Whittier AK
Hire the Best Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Installers in Whittier, AK on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Whittier Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Whittier, CA (with Free ...
Tile installation costs vary widely depending on the tiles you choose, where you want them installed, and what kind of demolition and surface preparation you need to have done. The national average cost for a tile installation project is $490-$750. The more tiles that need to be cut by hand and laid on the surface, the higher the total cost.
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Whittier AK ...
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Whittier AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing.
Flooring installation contractors in Anchorage, AK - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Anchorage, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Best 30 Tile Installers in Whittier, CA with Reviews - YP.com
Tile Installers in Whittier on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Whittier, CA.
Tile Contractors in Whittier, CA | HOMEFLOCK
The biggest list of Tile Contractors in Whittier, CA
tile ceramic contractors in Whittier, CA | Reviews ...
Find tile ceramic contractors in Whittier, CA on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Whittier, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Whittier, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.