Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Kingman AZ
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Kingman AZ, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Kingman AZ tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Kingman AZ, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Kingman AZ tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, as well as Kingman or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Kingman AZ tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Arizona references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Kingman AZ home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Kingman Arizona
Kingman (Huwaalyapay Nyava in the Mojave language) is a city in and the county seat of Mohave County, Arizona, United States. According to the 2010 census, the population of the city is 28,068. The nearby communities of Butler, and Golden Valley bring the Kingman area total population to over 45,000. Kingman is located 85 miles (137 km) southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada and about 165 miles (266 km) northwest of the state capital, Phoenix.
Lt. Edward Fitzgerald Beale, a U.S. Navy officer in the service of the U.S. Army Corps of Topographical Engineers, was ordered by the U.S. War Department to build a federal wagon road across the 35th Parallel. His secondary orders were to test the feasibility of the use of camels as pack animals in the southwestern desert. Beale traveled through the present day Kingman in 1857 surveying the road and in 1859 to build the road. Beale's Wagon Road became part of Highway 66 and Interstate Highway 40. Remnants of the wagon road can still be seen in White Cliffs Canyon in Kingman.
Kingman, Arizona, was founded in 1882, when Arizona was still Arizona Territory. Situated in the Hualapai Valley between the Cerbat and Hualapai mountain ranges, Kingman is known for its very modest beginnings as a simple railroad siding near Beale’s Springs in the Middleton Section along the newly constructed route of the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad. The city of Kingman was named for Lewis Kingman, who surveyed along the Atlantic and Pacific Railroad's right-of-way between Needles, Calif., and Albuquerque, N.M. Lewis Kingman supervised the building of the railroad from Winslow, Ariz. to Beale's Springs, which is near the present location of the town of Kingman.
The Mohave County seat originally was located in Mohave City from 1864 to 1867. The portion of Arizona Territory west of the Colorado River was transferred to Nevada in 1865 after Nevada's statehood, and became part of Lincoln County, Nevada later Clark County, Nevada. The remaining territory of Pah-Ute County became part of Mohave County. Its seat was moved to Hardyville (which is now within Bullhead City) in 1867. The county seat transferred to the mining town of Cerbat in 1873, then to Mineral Park near Chloride in 1877. In 1887, the county seat was moved to Kingman after some period of time without a permanent county seat, the instruments and records of Mohave County government were taken clandestinely from Chloride and moved to Kingman in the middle of the night during this final transfer of the county seat.
Monday 10/15 0%
Windy with sunshine. High 64F. Winds NNE at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
Tuesday 10/16 10%
Partly cloudy. High 62F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph.
Wednesday 10/17 0%
Sunny along with a few clouds. High 67F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 10/18 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High around 70F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday 10/19 0%
Sunny. High 74F. Winds NE at 15 to 25 mph.
Find the Right Kingman AZ Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Kingman AZ tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 11