Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Washington DC
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Washington DC, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Washington DC tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Washington DC, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Washington DC tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in District of Columbia, as well as Washington or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the District of Columbia Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Washington DC tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check District of Columbia references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Washington DC home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Washington District of Columbia
Washington, D.C., formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as Washington or D.C., is the capital of the United States of America. Founded after the American Revolution as the seat of government of the newly independent country, Washington was named after George Washington, first President of the United States and Founding Father. Washington is the principal city of the Washington Metropolitan Area, which has a population of 6,131,977. Washington is described as the political Capital of the World, owing to its status as the seat of the United States Federal Government and numerous international institutions, such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Washington is one of the most visited cities in the world, with more than 20 million annual tourists.
The signing of the Residence Act on July 16, 1790, approved the creation of a capital district located along the Potomac River on the country's East Coast. The U.S. Constitution provided for a federal district under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Congress and the District is therefore not a part of any state. The states of Maryland and Virginia each donated land to form the federal district, which included the pre-existing settlements of Georgetown and Alexandria. Named in honor of President George Washington, the City of Washington was founded in 1791 to serve as the new national capital. In 1846, Congress returned the land originally ceded by Virginia; in 1871, it created a single municipal government for the remaining portion of the District.
Washington had an estimated population of 693,972 as of July 2017. Commuters from the surrounding Maryland and Virginia suburbs raise the city's population to more than one million during the workweek. The Washington metropolitan area, of which the District is the principal city, has a population of over 6 million, the sixth-largest metropolitan statistical area in the country.
All three branches of the U.S. Federal Government are centered in the District: U.S. Congress (legislative), President (executive), and the U.S. Supreme Court (judicial). Washington is home to many national monuments and museums, which are primarily situated on or around the National Mall. The city hosts 177 foreign embassies as well as the headquarters of many international organizations, trade unions, non-profit, lobbying groups, and professional associations, including the Organization of American States, AARP, the National Geographic Society, the Human Rights Campaign, NASA, the International Finance Corporation, and the American Red Cross.
Find the Right Washington DC Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Washington DC tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in District of Columbia
Business Results 1 - 10 of 812
Bing: Washington DC Tile Installation Contractors Search results
24 Best Tile Contractors - Washington DC | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Washington, DC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 395 Homeowner Reviews of Top Washington Tile Contractors. Grout MD, Marble Doctor, Quality Flooring Services, LLC, Urban City Construction, LLC, Neighborhood Remodelers, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Washington, DC Remodeling Contractors
Washington, D.C. We're a Local, Family Owned and Operated company that provides high quality services in Washington, District of Columbia. ... baseboards, ceramic tile floor installation, vinyl, hardwood and carpet floor. ... Locally-rated contractors serving Washington, DC. Zion Home Remodeling. Price Range: Please Call Us For A Quote! FREE ...
Tile Contractors Serving Maryland, DC and Virginia ...
Vallefuoco Contractors provides custom tile installation with a focus on quality. We are the only tile contractors to hold a 5 star rating with the NTCA that are licensed in MD, DC, and VA.
Commercial Tile Contractors in Washington D.C., Maryland ...
Commercial Installation Of Various Types, Sizes And Shapes Of Tile To Create Floors, Ceilings , Walls, Etc. *mwbe-tile, Marble & Terrazzo Contrs. Commercial Tile Contractors in Washington D.C., Maryland, N. Virginia | The Blue Book Building and Construction Network
RENOVATIONS AND DESIGNS. General Contractor - Washington ...
See past project info for RENOVATIONS AND DESIGNS including photos, cost and more. Washington, DC - General Contractor. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.
Tile Contractors in Washington DC - Networx
Get matched with qualified tile services in Washington, DC. Read Reviews See what users in Washington, DC are saying about these tile contractors. Compare Bids Washington, DC tile services will contact you with free quotes for your job.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Washington, DC 2019 - Porch
Tile Contractors • Washington, District Of Columbia Based in Washington, Vinyl Siding Institute is a tiling contractor. They offer tile refinishing, kitchen tile, and backsplash installation.
Find Top-Rated Washington DC Flooring Installers - Angieslist
Find Top-Rated Washington DC Flooring Installers There are 121 top-rated flooring installers in your area. Zip Code. ... Flooring reviews in Washington DC Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results ... The tile installation was fine. The workers did forget to hook up my washer/dryer after moving it back in place and had to come back for that ...
Top 10 Best Washington DC DC Tile Installers | Angie's List
Tile Installation reviews in Washington DC Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results This is the best general contractor - Billy, with whom I have had the pleasure of working.
4 Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Washington DC
Hire the Best Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Installers in Washington, DC on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 4 Top Washington Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. Home ... As there are a very large number of contractors to choose from in Washington DC, ceramic tile installation is a job that you don ...