Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Troy KS
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Troy KS, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Troy KS tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Troy KS, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Troy KS tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Kansas, as well as Troy or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Kansas Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Troy KS tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Kansas references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Troy KS home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Troy Kansas
Troy was platted in 1855. It was named after the ancient city of Troy. The first house in Troy was built in 1856, and the first store opened in 1857. Troy was incorporated as a city in 1860. The first post office in Troy was established in March, 1857.
Troy grew up from humble beginnings along the wagon route from St. Joseph, Missouri to Oregon and California. British explorer Richard Francis Burton en route to California in 1860 noted: "Passing though a few wretched shanties called Troy ..."
Troy is located at 39°47′17″N 95°05′27″W / 39.788099°N 95.090840°W / 39.788099; -95.090840 (39.788099, -95.090840). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 0.99 square miles (2.56 km2), of which 0.98 square miles (2.54 km2) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.03 km2) is water.
As of the census of 2010, there were 1,010 people, 421 households, and 275 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,030.6 inhabitants per square mile (397.9/km2). There were 467 housing units at an average density of 476.5 per square mile (184.0/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 97.3% White, 0.5% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 1.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.7% of the population.
Find the Right Troy KS Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Troy KS tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Kansas
Business Results 1 - 10 of 5
Bing: Troy KS Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Violations - LSLBC
To view the complete information of the company name, allegation, and/or action taken, please hover your cursor over the text
Town Hall® | Unilock
Important Information Town Hall Street Pavers combine the timeless beauty of historic clay bricks with the functionality, performance and colorfastnessthat only EnduraColor Plus pavers from Unilock can deliver. This paver can be used with both permeable and traditional installation methods. Base Requirement & Bedding Course – standard or open graded paver base specification.
Downloads | Unilock
Boston Region. Clarke Landscapes LLC Uses Estate Wall to Turn a Sloping Yard into a Luxurious, Party-Ready Patio in Farmington, CT; Modern Outdoor Kitchen and Patio by Hyde Park Landscape, Inc. in Gales Ferry, CT, Features Lineo Dimensional Stone Grill Island
SBA 8(a) Minority-Owned and Woman-Owned Business Directory
Tip: Hit Ctrl-F to search for all or part of a company or city name
8 Tips for Keeping Your Electric Generator Running Happy ...
Site Ownership Bio: It can be very expensive when it comes to remodeling your home! It can also take a lot of time if you are trying to find the “right contractor” with the same vision as you and still stay within your budget when you are updating your home’s kitchen, bathrooms, closets, and basement.
Playground Service Contractors - Soft Play
Below are the playground service contractors that provide services in your area.
2019 Exhibitors | Pittsburgh Home and Garden
2019 Exhibitors . Looking for an exhibitor or product of interest? Use the search box and menu below to find what you’re looking for. Click here to see the floor plan.
Miami Valley Insulation, LLC - HomeAdvisor.com
Offering your home the proper installation of insulation means ensuring the safety of your home, and the efficiency of saving energy; we can help to make sure that your house maintains climate control consistently throughout your home. Are there areas that are colder than others or don?t seem to ...
Pro Roofing & Associate, Inc. - HomeAdvisor.com
Verify Trade License HomeAdvisor checks to see if the business carries the appropriate state-level license.; Verify Insurance As a part of our screening process, we encourage professionals to carry general liability insurance. We require coverage for hundreds of services. Verification of State Business Filings For business types that require a Secretary of State filing, we confirm that the ...