Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Silver Spring MD
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Silver Spring MD, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Silver Spring MD tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Silver Spring MD, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Silver Spring MD tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Maryland, as well as Silver Spring or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Maryland Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Silver Spring MD tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Maryland references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Silver Spring MD home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Silver Spring Maryland
Silver Spring, Maryland
Silver Spring is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) located inside the Capital Beltway in Montgomery County, Maryland, United States. It had a population of 76,716 according to 2013 estimates by the United States Census Bureau, making it the fourth most populous place in Maryland, after Baltimore, Columbia, and Germantown. Silver Spring consists of the following neighborhoods: Downtown Silver Spring, East Silver Spring, Woodside, Woodside Park, North Hills Sligo Park, Long Branch, Montgomery Knolls, Franklin Knolls, Indian Spring Terrace, Indian Spring Village, Clifton Park Village, New Hampshire Estates, and Oakview.
The urbanized, oldest, and southernmost part of Silver Spring is a major business hub that lies at the north apex of Washington, D.C. As of 2004, the Central Business District (CBD) held 7,254,729 square feet (673,986 m2) of office space, 5216 dwelling units and 17.6 acres (71,000 m2) of parkland. The population density of this CBD area of Silver Spring was 15,600 per square mile all within 360 acres (1.5 km2) and approximately 2.5 square miles (6 km2) in the CBD/downtown area. The community has recently undergone a significant renaissance, with the addition of major retail, residential, and office developments.
Silver Spring takes its name from a mica-flecked spring discovered there in 1840 by Francis Preston Blair, who subsequently bought much of the surrounding land. Acorn Park, tucked away in an area of south Silver Spring away from the main downtown area, is believed to be the site of the original spring.
As an unincorporated area, Silver Spring's boundaries are not officially defined. As of the 2010 Census the United States Census Bureau defines Silver Spring as a census-designated place with a total area of 7.92 square miles (20.5 km2), all land; however, it does contain numerous creeks and small lakes. This definition is a 15% reduction from the 9.4 sq. mi. used in previous years. The United States Geological Survey locates the center of Silver Spring at 38°59′26″N 77°1′35″W / 38.99056°N 77.02639°W / 38.99056; -77.02639, notably some distance from the Census Bureau's datum. By another definition, Silver Spring is located at 39°0′15″N 77°1′8″W / 39.00417°N 77.01889°W / 39.00417; -77.01889 (39.004242, -77.019004). The definitions used by the Silver Spring Urban Planning District, the United States Postal Service, the Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce, etc., are all different, each defining it for its own purposes.
Find the Right Silver Spring MD Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Silver Spring MD tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Maryland
Business Results 1 - 10 of 808
Bing: Silver Spring MD Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Fairfax Plumbing, HVAC & Electrical | My Plumber Heating ...
Fairfax Plumbing, HVAC & Electrical Services Proudly Serving Northern Virginia, Maryland & the Metro D.C. Area. When you need honest, reliable plumbing, heating, or cooling services in Northern Virginia, suburban Maryland, or throughout the D.C. area, look no further than My Plumber Heating Cooling & Electrical!
DB Custom Marble & Granite Inc. - Washington DC MD ...
DB Custom Marble & Granite Now Offering Complete Kitchen, Bathroom & Flooring Remodeling. Click Here For Special Offers. D.B. Custom Marble & Granite, Inc. is a local family owned Washington DC, MD and Northern VA commercial and residential designer, fabricator and installer of granite, marble, ceramic tile, marble tile, quartz, and slate.
eTRAKiT - Plano, Texas
Home | Setup an Account | Log In ...
Handyman Connection of Rockville | Silver Spring, MD 20904 ...
Handyman Connection - One Call. One Connection.® With over 28 years of experience in providing top quality home improvement and repair services, and backed by satisfaction our competitors can't match, isn't it time to give us a call?
25 Best Fence Companies and Contractors - Rockville MD ...
Hire the Best Fence Contractors in Rockville, MD on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1328 Homeowner Reviews of Top Rockville Fence Contractors. Invisible Fence of Montgomery County, Pet Boundaries, Inc. DBA Dog Containment Systems, JM American Constructions, LLC, V-Tile, First Choice Contractors, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
washington, DC skilled trade services - craigslist
favorite this post Apr 14 Bowie Maryland Bath & Kitchen Remodeling Creative Hands Home Services (Bowie and surrounding PG area) pic map hide this posting restore restore this posting. favorite this post Apr 14 Professional painter $150 bed rm painting pic map hide this posting restore restore this posting. favorite this post Apr 14 Professional Tree Experts - Full Service Removal & Trimming ...
Roofing Contractor Baltimore MD, Home Improvements ...
Expert Roofing Contractors Offering Slate, Copper, Asphalt Shingle, and Other Types of Roof Systems, Along with Gutters, Snow Guards, and Other Home Improvements in and Around the Baltimore, MD, Area
Artelye - Maryland Granite Countertops, Quartz Kitchen ...
Artelye is a premier supplier of Quartz Counters, Marble countertops and Granite Counters in Maryland and DC area with over 25 years of experience.
Manders Decorating, Serving the Washington, DC, Maryland ...
Old Fashion Service and Quality With 21st Century Results. The Manders Decorating Mission is to provide superior service and quality to each and every customer on each and every job, large or small, and to develop an
Koydol - Carpet, Hardwood Floors, Tile, Resilient, Laminate
Koydol is a fast-growing provider of high-quality commercial flooring solutions. Headquartered in the DC Metro area, we pursue a single mission: to deliver best in class commercial flooring products and installation services.