Hiring Professional Tile Installers near White Lake MI
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near White Lake MI, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local White Lake MI tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in White Lake MI, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional White Lake MI tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Michigan, as well as White Lake or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Michigan Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the White Lake MI tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Michigan references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your White Lake MI home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About White Lake Michigan
White Lake Township, Michigan
White Lake Charter Township is a charter township of Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. Together with its two unincorporated communities, the township makes up part of the Detroit metropolitan area outskirts. As of the 2010 census, the township population was 30,019.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 37.2 square miles (96 km2), of which 33.7 square miles (87 km2) is land and 3.5 square miles (9.1 km2), or 9.44%, is water.
Several of the community's large parcels have been preserved as state recreation areas and county parks. Rural residential development and lake living is typical, as the township has 21 lakes within its borders.
As of the census of 2000, there were 28,219 people, 10,092 households, and 7,821 families residing in the township. The population density was 838.3 per square mile (323.7/km²). There were 10,616 housing units at an average density of 315.4 per square mile (121.8/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.56% White, 0.78% African American, 0.49% Native American, 0.59% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.29% from other races, and 1.28% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.81% of the population.
Sunday 12/16 10%
Partly cloudy. Areas of freezing fog. High near 40F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/17 10%
Partly cloudy. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday 12/18 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High around 35F. Winds light and variable.
Wednesday 12/19 0%
Partly cloudy. High around 40F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 12/20 40%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers in the morning becoming more intermittent in the afternoon. High 41F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Find the Right White Lake MI Tiling Contractor
Finding the right White Lake MI tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Michigan
Business Results 1 - 10 of 203
Bing: White Lake MI Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Bathroom Remodeling Novi MI | Gutter Protection | Gutters
Bathroom Remodeling Services, Gutters and Gutter Protection from Gutter Helmet & More in Novi, West Bloomfield, Rochester Hills, Ann Arbor & Throughout Michigan Atlas Home Improvement is a specialty contractor that has served more than 16,000 satisfied customers since 1989, and you … Continue reading →
Basement Finishing & Remodeling Contractor in Novi, South ...
Finished Basement Walls, Floors, Ceilings & More! The Total Basement Finishing™ System is a complete basement renovation package. This means that you can count on us as your one-stop remodeling source- including the walls, floors, ceiling, windows, lighting, electrical-- anything you need!
Concrete Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT - HomeAdvisor.com
Hire the Best Concrete Contractors in Salt Lake City, UT on HomeAdvisor. We Have 614 Homeowner Reviews of Top Salt Lake City Concrete Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Hearth, Stove, Fireplace, Grill, & Patio Romeo MI | Emmett ...
Emmett's Energy specializes in Stoves, Fireplaces, BBQ, Handcrafted Furniture and Appliances. All work is guaranteed and done by qualified technicians. Call today!
Basement Waterproofing Michigan | Foundation Repair MI | B ...
Basement waterproofing in Michigan. Contractors install the B-Dry System and foundation repair in Oakland County, Saginaw, Sterling Heights, Macomb, Saint Clair Shores, Clarkston and MI areas.
Builders Custom Flooring - Lake Orion, MI
We retail and service all kinds of flooring in Lake Orion, Oxford, Clarkston, Rochester Hills, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Troy, Royal Oak. Our prices are the most competitive in the area. Visit our showroom located in Lake Orion, MI 48362 / 48301
Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America ...
Roofing contractors listed on this page are members, or applicants, of the Slate Roofing Contractors Association
2018 Water Heater Installation Costs | Price to Replace a ...
HomeAdvisor's Water Heater Cost Guide lists prices associated with installing or replacing a hot water heater including labor and materials, as reported by HomeAdvisor customers.
Consumer Reviews of Shaw tile floors - Flooring.net
Read 13 reviews of Shaw tile floors by homeowners, landlords, contractors, and distributors. Write your own review as well.
Cost of Tile Flooring - Estimates and Prices Paid
How much tile flooring should cost. Average costs and comments from CostHelper's team of professional journalists and community of users. Glazed ceramic tiles run $1-$20 a square foot, giving a materials-only cost of $100-$2,000 for a 10x10-foot room. Depending on size, unglazed quarry tiles average $2 a square foot, or $200 for 10x10 feet.