Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Walters OK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Walters OK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Walters OK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Walters OK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Walters OK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Oklahoma, as well as Walters or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Oklahoma Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Walters OK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Oklahoma references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Walters OK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Walters Oklahoma
Walters is a town in Cotton County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 2,551 at the 2010 census. The city, nestled in between twin creeks, is the county seat of Cotton County. The city's motto is "Small town; Big heart."
The land that is present-day Oklahoma was first settled by prehistoric American Indians including the Clovis 11500 BCE, Folsom 10600 BCE and Plainview 10000 BCE cultures. Western explorers came to the region in the 16th century, with Spanish explorer Francisco Vásquez de Coronado visiting in 1541. Most of the region during this time was settled by the Wichita and Caddo peoples. Around the 1700s, two tribes from the North, the Comanches and Kiowas, migrated to the Oklahoma and Texas region.
For most of the 18th century, the Oklahoma region was under French control as part of Louisiana. In 1803, the Louisiana Purchase by Thomas Jefferson brought the area under United States control. In 1830, Congress passed the Indian Removal Act, which removed American Indian tribes and relocated them to Indian Territory. The southern part of the territory was originally assigned to the Choctaw and Chickasaw, until the 1867 Medicine Lodge Treaty allotted the southwest portion of the Choctaw and Chickasaw’s lands to the Comanche, Kiowa, and Apache.
The City of Walters was organized on August 6, 1901, under the original name of McKnight, Indian Territory. Application for a post office was made, and it was determined that a town in Harmon County had already taken the name of McKnight. This required that the name be changed. The name of Walters was chosen, in honor of W. R. Walters, but the "s" was not included on the post office application, so the post office was named Walter.
Monday 12/17 0%
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 58F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 12/18 20%
Some sun in the morning with increasing clouds during the afternoon. Slight chance of a rain shower. High near 60F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 12/19 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High around 60F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 12/20 0%
Windy with lots of sunshine. High 59F. Winds NNW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
Friday 12/21 0%
Sunny. High 58F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Walters OK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Walters OK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Oklahoma
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Walters OK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Tile Contractors in Walters OK - Networx
When you have a tile problem in your Walters home or business, choose a tile contractor located in Walters, OK. By reading reviews posted by your neighbors, you can hire the Walters Oklahoma tile contractor you want, and be assured of their professionalism.
Best 30 Flooring Contractors in Walters, OK with Reviews ...
The time it takes to install flooring depends on the type of flooring and the size of the room or rooms involved in the project. In one day, a typical contractor can usually install up to 2,000 square feet of carpet, 600 square feet of hardwood or laminate, or 400 square feet of tile or stone.
Walters, OK Tile, Stone and Countertop ... - Houzz
In addition to basic surfaces, many Walters, OK tile, stone and countertop contractors can create and install murals and mosaics, as well as add decorative edge treatments to countertops. They also repair or replace surfaces in the event of chips, cracks, stains or other damage.
Best 17 Tile Contractors Dealers in Walters, OK with ...
Tile Contractors Dealers in Walters on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Walters, OK. Start your search by typing in the business name below.
Best 15 General Contractors in Walters, OK | Houzz
Walters, OK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Walters, OK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Best Stone Flooring Installation Services in Walters, OK
The most trusted stone flooring installation services in Walters are on Porch. See costs, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local stone flooring installation services.
Bathroom remodeling Contractors in Walters, Oklahoma
This Walters Bathroom remodeling estimation entails: Prices related to job space preparation for the bathroom flooring installation in Walters contract, which may include manufacturer recommended underlayment, surface sealants, adhesives and fasteners10" diameter diamond wet tile and stone saw, power mortar mixer and mortar box.
tile in Surrounding Walters | Reviews - Yellowbook
Find tile in Surrounding Walters on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
Contractors - Flooring - Walters, OK 73572 Accredited ...
Find BBB Accredited Contractors - Flooring Businesses in Central Oklahoma.
Walter's Tile & Supply, Inc.
Bathroom, kitchen, walls and floors and storefronts. They feature natural travertines and slates, quarry, porcelain and some ceramic tiles. If you're remodeling or building a new home or addition, their professional advice on materials and installation, makes shopping at Walters' Tile & Supply a real help as well as a pleasure.