Hiring Professional Tile Installers near West Columbia SC
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near West Columbia SC, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local West Columbia SC tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in West Columbia SC, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional West Columbia SC tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in South Carolina, as well as West Columbia or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the South Carolina Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the West Columbia SC tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check South Carolina references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your West Columbia SC home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About West Columbia South Carolina
West Columbia, South Carolina
West Columbia is a city and commuter town in the suburban eastern sections of Lexington County, South Carolina, United States. According to the 2010 census, the population was 14,988. It is a part of the greater Columbia, SC metropolitan statistical area.
West Columbia lies west of Columbia, South Carolina, directly across the Congaree River. It is near Columbia's city center or downtown district as well as the South Carolina State House and the Congaree Vista, known locally as "the Vista."
West Columbia was incorporated in 1894 as Brookland, but the United States Postal Service called the town "New Brookland" since there was another town called Brookland. In 1936, the name was changed to West Columbia to emphasize its proximity to Columbia, South Carolina. Numerous businesses, churches and a high school retain the Brookland and New Brookland names.
The 2008 South Carolina Learjet 60 crash occurred just before midnight on September 19, 2008, when a Learjet 60 (registration N999LJ) crashed while taking off from Columbia Metropolitan Airport in South Carolina. The weather at the time was cool, dry, and clear. The plane hit runway lights and crashed through the boundary fence, crossing South Carolina Highway 302 (SC 302/Edmund Highway/Airport Boulevard), and coming to rest on an embankment by the side of the highway. No one on the ground was hurt, but four of the six people on the plane (including both pilots) died in the crash, while the other two, Travis Barker (the drummer of Blink-182) and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM of Crazy Town), suffered severe burns. The plane was a charter flight taken by Barker, Goldstein and their entourage following a performance by their musical group TRV$DJAM at a free concert in Five Points earlier that night to Van Nuys, California.
- 9:49 AM EST on December 16, 2018
- 9:48 AM EST on December 17, 2018
- 9:47 AM EST on December 16, 2018
- 7:00 PM EST on December 17, 2018
Sunday 12/16 0%
Sunny. High 61F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 12/17 10%
A mainly sunny sky. High 64F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday 12/18 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
Wednesday 12/19 10%
Overcast. High 58F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 12/20 90%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers in the morning then thundershowers in the afternoon. High around 60F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 90%.
Find the Right West Columbia SC Tiling Contractor
Finding the right West Columbia SC tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in South Carolina
Business Results 1 - 10 of 23
Bing: West Columbia SC Tile Installation Contractors Search results
lex2.org - Lexington School District Two
Come work in Lexington Two. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, a signing bonus and more. Pre-register now for the fair.
25 Best Fence Companies and Contractors - Columbia SC ...
Hire the Best Fence Contractors in Columbia, SC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 574 Homeowner Reviews of Top Columbia Fence Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Excess Liability Application – SIS Insurance Services
Visit the post for more. Excess Liability Quote Request. Insured Business Name *
Find Roof Repair Contractors - Fix Your Leaking Roof!
Categories » Repair Fix It! Roof Repair Contractors to the Rescue, Free Estimates Fast. Loose shingles, missing shingles, and stains appearing on the ceiling inside your house due to a leaky roof are all indicators that your roof is in need of repair.
Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America ...
Roofing contractors listed on this page are members, or applicants, of the Slate Roofing Contractors Association
Computing at Columbia Timeline
1924-26: The Columbia University Statistical Laboratory (location unknown) includes Hollerith tabulating, punching, and sorting machines, Burroughs adding machines, Brunsviga and Millionaire calculators (the latter was the first device to perform direct multiplication), plus reference works such as math and statistical tables. Prof. Robert E. Chaddock (Statistics Dept) was in charge.
South Carolina Contractors License | EXAMPREP.ORG
South Carolina Contractors License. Virtually every aspect of Construction, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Contracting in South Carolina is regulated at the State Level.
Creative Tile | Columbia SC Tile Services
Who We Are. We are Columbia’s best source for commercial and residential tile and design. We help our customers find just the right tile products to add charm, style and distinction to their homes and businesses.
11 Best Electricians - Sumter SC | HomeAdvisor Electrical ...
Hire the Best Electricians in Sumter, SC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 554 Homeowner Reviews of Top Sumter Electricians. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Top 10 Best Charleston SC HVAC Contractors | Angie's List
Find Top-Rated Charleston HVAC Contractors There are 51 top-rated hvac contractors in your area.