Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Washington VA
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Washington VA, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Washington VA tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Washington VA, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Washington VA tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Virginia, as well as Washington or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Virginia Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Washington VA tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Virginia references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Washington VA home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Washington Virginia
Washington is a town in and the county seat of Rappahannock County, Virginia, United States. The site of this town was surveyed by George Washington himself in July 1749. It was the first of what would be many American places to be named after the future first president. Its population was just 135 people at the 2010 census, down from 183 in the 2000 census. It is nicknamed Little Washington to avoid confusion because of its proximity to Washington, D.C., which lies only 70 miles (110 km) to the north east.
The Town of Washington was formerly the location of a trading post utilized by frontier families and members of the resident Manahoac tribe. All of the territory in and around the current town was under the ownership of Thomas Fairfax, 6th Lord Fairfax of Cameron. In 1748, Lord Fairfax met a 16-year-old George Washington, a distant relative of his. Being impressed by his character, Fairfax employed Washington to survey his lands west of the Blue Ridge Mountains. On July 24, 1749, the town layout as it appears today was surveyed and platted by Washington with the assistance of his chainmen John Lonem and Edward Corder as part of his service to Fairfax. The village was officially established as a Town by the Virginia General Assembly on December 14, 1795 when it gained the requisite population of 200. Records from an 1835 gazetteer state that the town contained one academy, fifty-five dwellings, four mercantile stores, two taverns, one house of worship, twenty-seven trade shops, and two large flour mills.
During the Civil War, a home on the town's Main Street served as a Confederate Hospital. In the late 19th century when rail became the main method of trade, the main east-west railway route of the time was constructed north of town through the accessible Thoroughfare Gap. Washington was relatively unaffected by the Industrial Age and thus the current town is quite similar to the one of 150 years ago. By the start of the 20th century the population reached three hundred, supporting businesses such as three garages and a barber shop. However, since then, the population had declined to less than 200.
Today, the town is probably most known for The Inn at Little Washington, a five-star restaurant, inn, and member of the Relais & Châteaux group. As such it attracts a discerning clientele from Washington, D.C. and its suburbs. Largely due to its influence, the town is also now home to several art galleries, unique shops, bed and breakfasts and restaurants. Dining aside, the town also attracts many art lovers, because of its numerous galleries, history buffs, and hikers that come into the county from the east en route for day hikes or weekend camping trips.
Find the Right Washington VA Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Washington VA tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Virginia
Business Results 1 - 10 of 60
Bing: Washington VA Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Tile Installer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
836 Tile Installer jobs available on Indeed.com. Apply to Installer, Remodeler, ... --- SEEKING EXPERIENCED TILE CONTRACTORS OR APPRENTICES WILLING TO LEARN. CALL 859-475-2922 and ask for Cookie. ... Bath Installation Apprentice - Fairfax VA. Luxury Bath Technologies 10 reviews. Fairfax, ...
Commercial Tile Contractors in Washington D.C., Maryland ...
Commercial Installation Of Various Types, Sizes And Shapes Of Tile To Create Floors, Ceilings , Walls, Etc. *mwbe-tile, Marble & Terrazzo Contrs. Commercial Tile Contractors in Washington D.C., Maryland, N. Virginia | The Blue Book Building and Construction Network
25 Best Tile Contractors - Fairfax VA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Fairfax, VA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2918 Homeowner Reviews of Top Fairfax Tile Contractors. DC Drywall and Finishing, Roger's Tile, LLC, Super Fresh Cleaning Services, MandM Contracting Solutions, LLC, Balcarcel Brothers Remodeling. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
22 Best Tile Contractors - Fredericksburg VA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Fredericksburg, VA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 530 Homeowner Reviews of Top Fredericksburg Tile Contractors. American Building Dynamics, Inc., The Grout Geeks, Flooring Innovators, Herndon Masonry, P R Remodeling Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Ceramic Tile Flooring Installation | Porcelain Tile Installers
Find local contractors to Install Ceramic or Porcelain Tile. HomeAdvisor will connect you with prescreened and customer-rated contractors in your area
22 Best Tile Contractors - Washington DC | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Washington, DC on HomeAdvisor. We Have 504 Homeowner Reviews of Top Washington Tile Contractors. Affordable Home Improvements, LLC, JCabido Remodeling, Washington Marble Polishing, Kerr Building Group, Virginia Stone Restoration. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Tile Contractors Serving Maryland, DC and Virginia ...
About Vallefuoco Contractors Vallefuoco contractors has been specializing in custom tile installations for over 20 years. Some of our specialties include working with, glass, mosaics, stone, marble, porcelain, ceramic and medallions.
Williamsburg Tile Contractors - The Virginia Bath Company ...
Williamsburg Tile Contractors, Tile Contractors Williamsburg, Yorktown Tile Contractors, West Point Tile Contractors, Newport News Contractors, Gloucester Tile Contractors, Tile remodeling Contractors, tile shower contractors, tile repairs, tile replacement contractors. Virginia Bathroom Remodeling, Virginia Bathroom Companies, Virginia ...
RENOVATIONS AND DESIGNS. General Contractor - Washington ...
See past project info for RENOVATIONS AND DESIGNS including photos, cost and more. Washington, DC - General Contractor. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.
25 Best Tile Contractors - Arlington VA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Arlington, VA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2490 Homeowner Reviews of Top Arlington Tile Contractors. MC Mark Construction, Priority Floors and Interiors, GAM Constructions, LLC, Funez Home Improvement, LLC, DMV Marble and Granite, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.