Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Alabaster AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Alabaster AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Alabaster AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Alabaster AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Alabaster AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Alabaster or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Alabaster AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Alabaster AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Alabaster Alabama
Alabaster is a city and southern suburb of Birmingham in Shelby County, Alabama, United States. At the 2010 census, the population was 30,352. According to the 2013 Census Estimates, the city had a population of 31,342. Alabaster is the 16th largest city in Alabama (by number of residents) and still a growing population.
Alabaster mostly occupies Cahaba and Opossum Valleys, which are divided by the Pine Ridge that runs north to south. To the east and west, both valleys are flanked by parallel mountain ridges that locally run north to south, but are a part of a larger system of ridges that generally runs north-east to south-west (the tailing ends of the Appalachian foothills). The valleys are drained by small creeks (Buck Creek, Beaverdam Creek) which flow into the Cahaba River.
George L. Scott, Sr., an Alabaster pioneer, owned and operated Alabaster Lime Co. His shipping point was known as “Scott Rock”. Later, housing was built to accommodate some of the employees, and the community acquired its name Alabaster from the "white calcium carbonate mineral". The First Bank of Alabaster opened in 1952, and its president was George L. Scott, Jr., who later became the first mayor of Alabaster. The first attempt in 1952 to incorporate Alabaster failed. In January 1953, the petition was again filed, and on February 23, 1953, Alabaster was officially incorporated with a favorable vote of 79 to 23, and 427 residing inhabitants. In 1955, the Alabaster Water and Gas Board was formed.
As of the census of 2010, there were 30,352 people, 11,016 households, and 6,482 families residing in the city .The population density was 1,104.8 people per square mile (426.6/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 81.2% White,15.0% Black or African American, 0.31% Native American, 0.64% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 2.2% from other races, and 0.69% from two or more races. 4.54% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
Considerable clouds this morning. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 64F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 03/27 0%
A mainly sunny sky. High near 70F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 03/28 0%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 72F. Winds light and variable.
Friday 03/29 0%
Cloudy. High near 75F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 03/30 20%
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 74F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Find the Right Alabaster AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Alabaster AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 19
Bing: Alabaster AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
UCP Directory Search - UCPHome
UCP Directory Search: Company Name: Certifying Agency ...
25 Best Lawn Care Services in Birmingham AL - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Lawn Care Services in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2514 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Lawn Care Services. Northern Environmental Services, AJ's Landscaping and Remodeling, Town and Country Grounds Care, Capers lawncare service and mobilewash, God's Handiwork and Lawn Care. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Virginia Workers Compensation Class Codes
Virginia Work Comp Class Codes. Need to find Virginia workers compensation class codes?Virginia uses the NCCI classification system. NCCI stands for The National Council on Compensation Insurance.. See the applicable list below. If you have a classification question or believe you have been incorrectly classified, please see The Employer’s Workers Compensation Classification Guide.
Brick & Stone Masonry Contractors in Birmingham, AL
Hire the Best Brick and Stone Masonry Contractors in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 242 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Brick and Stone Masonry Contractors. Outdoor Construction Services, J S Masonry, Inc., Affordable Foundation and Home Repairs, Inc., Mark Wayne Masonry, DSLD Land Management Company, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Workers Compensation Class Codes
What is a workers compensation classification code? A class code is a three or four digit numerical code assigned by NCCI or a State Rating Bureau.
Minnesota Workers Compensation Class Codes
Minnesota Work Comp Class Codes. Need to find Minnesota workers compensation class codes?Minnesota is under the state jurisdiction of the Minnesota Workers Compensation Insurers Association, and uses the Minnesota Statistical Plan Manual.See the applicable list below. If you have a classification question or believe you have been incorrectly classified, please see The Employer’s Workers ...
Violations - LSLBC
To view the complete information of the company name, allegation, and/or action taken, please hover your cursor over the text
Blalock Building Company
Blalock Building Company, Inc. is a privately held commercial general contractor located in Trussville, Alabama. Established in 2006, Blalock Building Company, Inc. specializes in schools, luxury theater developments, churches, retail centers, and other commercial developments.
TruTeam Career Opportunities | Join the Building Products ...
Why Work with Us. As the nation's leading installer of insulation and building products, we offer rewarding opportunities across the U.S. We have over 190 installation branches located in 43 states.
Spray Foam Insulation Installation in Raleigh, NC | Tri ...
Tri-City Insulation offers spray foam insulation, gutter, and other building product installation services for residential and commercial customers in Raleigh, NC. Call 919-790-9684 for a free estimate.