Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Auburn AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Auburn AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Auburn AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Auburn AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Auburn AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Auburn or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Auburn AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Auburn AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Auburn Alabama
Auburn is a city in Lee County, Alabama, United States. It is the largest city in eastern Alabama with a 2016 population of 63,118. It is a principal city of the Auburn-Opelika Metropolitan Area. The Auburn-Opelika, AL MSA with a population of 158,991, along with the Columbus, GA-AL MSA and Tuskegee, Alabama, comprises the greater Columbus-Auburn-Opelika, GA-AL CSA, a region home to 501,649 residents.
Auburn is a historic college town and is the home of Auburn University. It is Alabama's fastest-growing metropolitan area and the nineteenth fastest-growing metro area in the United States since 1990. U.S. News ranked Auburn among its top ten list of best places to live in the United States for the year 2009. The city's unofficial nickname is “The Loveliest Village On The Plains,” taken from a line in the poem The Deserted Village by Oliver Goldsmith: “Sweet Auburn! loveliest village of the plain...”
Inhabited in antiquity by the Creek, the land on which Auburn sits was opened to settlement in 1832 with the Treaty of Cusseta. The first settlers arrived in the winter of 1836 from Harris County, Georgia. These settlers, led by Judge John J. Harper, intended to build a town that would be the religious and educational center for the area.
Auburn was incorporated on February 2, 1839, in what was then Macon County, covering an area of 2 square miles (5.2 km2). By that time, Methodist and Baptist churches had been established, and a school had been built and had come into operation. In the mid-1840s, separate academies for boys and girls were established in addition to the primary school. This concentration of educational institutions led to a rapid influx of families from the planter class into Auburn in the 1840s and 1850s. By 1858, of the roughly 1,000 free residents of Auburn, some 500 were students.
Wednesday 11/21 0%
Sunny. High 58F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 11/22 0%
Partly cloudy. High near 60F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 11/23 40%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with occasional showers for the afternoon. High 53F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Saturday 11/24 40%
Chance of Rain
Showers in the morning, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Sunday 11/25 60%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will give way to occasional showers in the afternoon. High 67F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Find the Right Auburn AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Auburn AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Bing: Auburn AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
The 10 Best General Contractors in Auburn, AL (with Free ...
Here is the definitive list of Auburn's general contractors as rated by the Auburn, AL community. Want to see who made the cut? Join as a pro. ... AL; Auburn; General Contractors; ... Tile installation cost. See prices. Roof repair cost. See prices. Metal roof cost. See prices.
Hardwood and Tile | Auburn AL - Carpet Installation
Kirkley Floor Covering was founded 22 years ago in Auburn, AL. We offer a wide range of flooring including carpet, hardwood, laminate, vinyl, ceramic and porcelain tile, as well as backsplashes. We also can create custom area rugs from any of our Shaw carpets.
14 Best Tile Contractors - Auburn AL | HomeAdvisor
Auburn Tile Contractors are rated 4.66 out of 5 based on 123 reviews of 14 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Best 29 Flooring Contractors in Auburn, AL with Reviews ...
Flooring contractors install the floor surface, including carpeting if desired, as well as underlayment--the layer directly beneath the floor surface. They typically do not install subflooring, which is the layer that rests on top of the joists.
Tile Installers in Auburn | Tile Auburn AL contractors
Tile Auburn Costs. Researching tile Auburn costs is important before starting your remodeling project. It helps with planning and budgeting and gives you a ballpark figure to have in mind before negotiating with Auburn tile contractors.
tile ceramic contractors in Opelika, AL | Reviews - Yellowbook
Find tile ceramic contractors in Opelika, AL on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Auburn, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Auburn, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
Top 3 Best Auburn AL Tile Installers | Angie's List
Join for FREE to read real reviews and see ratings for Auburn, AL Tile Installers near you to help pick the right pro Ceramic Tile Installer.
Best 15 General Contractors in Auburn, AL | Houzz
2,575 Auburn, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Auburn, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Top 3 Best Auburn AL Home Remodeling Contractors | Angie's ...
Join for FREE to read real reviews and see ratings for Auburn, AL Home Remodeling Contractors near you to help pick the right pro Remodeling Contractor. Join For Free How It Works Sign In. Close Menu ... tile installation, deck building, flooring, gutter cleaning...and more. Join For Free. Hire safely! Our members have done the research. F.