Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Birmingham AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Birmingham AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Birmingham AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Birmingham AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Birmingham AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Birmingham or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Birmingham AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Birmingham AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Birmingham Alabama
Birmingham (/ˈbɜːrmɪŋhæm/ BUR-ming-ham) is a city located in the north central region of the U.S. state of Alabama. With an estimated 2017 population of 210,710, it is the most populous city in Alabama. Birmingham is the seat of Jefferson County, Alabama's most populous and fifth largest county. As of 2017, the Birmingham-Hoover Metropolitan Statistical Area had a population of 1,149,807, making it the most populous in Alabama and 49th-most populous in the United States. Birmingham serves as an important regional hub and is associated with the Deep South, Piedmont, and Appalachian regions of the nation.
Birmingham was founded in 1871, during the post-Civil War Reconstruction era, through the merger of three pre-existing farm towns, most notably Elyton. The new city was named for Birmingham, England, the UK's second largest city and, at the time, a major industrial city. The Alabama city annexed smaller neighbors and developed as an industrial center, based on mining, the new iron and steel industry, and rail transport. Most of the original settlers who founded Birmingham were of English ancestry. The city was developed as a place where cheap, non-unionized immigrant labor (primarily Irish and Italian), along with African-American labor from rural Alabama, could be employed in the city's steel mills and blast furnaces, giving it a competitive advantage over unionized industrial cities in the Midwest and Northeast.:14
From its founding through the end of the 1960s, Birmingham was a primary industrial center of the southern United States. Its growth from 1881 through 1920 earned it nicknames such as "The Magic City" and "The Pittsburgh of the South". Its major industries were iron and steel production. Major components of the railroad industry, rails and railroad cars, were manufactured in Birmingham. Since the 1860s, the two primary hubs of railroading in the "Deep South" have been Birmingham and Atlanta. The economy diversified in the latter half of the 20th century. Banking, telecommunications, transportation, electrical power transmission, medical care, college education, and insurance have become major economic activities. Birmingham ranks as one of the largest banking centers in the U.S. Also, it is among the most important business centers in the Southeast.
In higher education, Birmingham has been the location of the University of Alabama School of Medicine (formerly the Medical College of Alabama) and the University of Alabama School of Dentistry since 1947. In 1969 it gained the University of Alabama at Birmingham, one of three main campuses of the University of Alabama System. It is home to three private institutions: Samford University, Birmingham-Southern College, and Miles College. The Birmingham area has major colleges of medicine, dentistry, optometry, physical therapy, pharmacy, law, engineering, and nursing. The city has three of the state's five law schools: Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham School of Law, and Miles Law School. Birmingham is also the headquarters of the Southwestern Athletic Conference and the Southeastern Conference, one of the major U.S. collegiate athletic conferences.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
Sun and clouds mixed. High 64F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 03/27 0%
Mainly sunny. High near 70F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 03/28 0%
Sunshine. High 73F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 03/29 0%
Cloudy. High 74F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 03/30 20%
Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will become overcast in the afternoon. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 73F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Find the Right Birmingham AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Birmingham AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 21
Bing: Birmingham AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Romanoff | Work with us
As the flooring provider for the nation’s largest flooring retailer, Romanoff contractors enjoy consistent work year-round at competitive rates, in warehouses that offer fast load outs, digital diagrams, and a support team that is available to help handle job site challenges.
Brick & Stone Masonry Contractors in Birmingham, AL
Hire the Best Brick and Stone Masonry Contractors in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 242 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Brick and Stone Masonry Contractors. Outdoor Construction Services, J S Masonry, Inc., Affordable Foundation and Home Repairs, Inc., Mark Wayne Masonry, DSLD Land Management Company, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Commercial / Industrial Metal Roofing - Advanced Aluminum
Commercial / Industrial Metal Roofing. Hotels, Restaurants, Office Buildings, Warehouses, Industrial Buildings, Hangars, Churches and Strip Malls all look better with a metal roof.
David Allen Company | The Standard of Excellence in Tile ...
Since its founding in 1920, the Company’s master craftsman, David G. Allen, refused to compromise integrity, quality of work, or customers’ commitment.
25 Best Roofers - Birmingham AL | HomeAdvisor Roofing ...
Hire the Best Roofing Contractors in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 623 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Roofing Contractors. Team Roofing and Construction, LLC, Ed Gray Homes, Inc., JTC Roofing and Restoration, LLC, Hallman Roofing and Renovations, VP Roofing. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Metal Roof Installation - Metal Roofing Panels - Metal ...
Metal Roofing Panels & Trim for Contractors. Contractors across the Southeast rely on Advanced Aluminum for top quality metal roofing products and superior customer service.
Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America ...
Roofing contractors listed on this page are members, or applicants, of the Slate Roofing Contractors Association
Blalock Building Company
Blalock Building Company, Inc. is a privately held commercial general contractor located in Trussville, Alabama. Established in 2006, Blalock Building Company, Inc. specializes in schools, luxury theater developments, churches, retail centers, and other commercial developments.
brick.com | Acme Brick. The Best Thing To Have Around Your ...
For literally centuries, natural, exposed interior brick has added charm to homes and businesses around the world. Because brick is made from soil-based clay, it has a natural patina and texture that is warm, comforting and impossible to replicate.
Top 16 Reviews and Complaints about Tile Redi
Original review: Sept. 21, 2018. My contractor recommended the Tile Redi product and I was excited to use this product, it was a little bit more expensive than a regular wet bed installation but I ...