Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Childersburg AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Childersburg AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Childersburg AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Childersburg AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Childersburg AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Childersburg or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Childersburg AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Childersburg AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Childersburg Alabama
Childersburg is a city in Talladega County in the U.S. state of Alabama. It was incorporated in 1889. At the 2010 census the population was 5,175. It claims a history dating back before 1540, when it was noted as a village of the Coosa Nation visited by the Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto. The Alabama Army Ammunition Plant, important during World War II, was located 4 miles (6 km) north of Childersburg.
Successive indigenous peoples had lived in the area for thousands of years. In the 16th century, people identified as part of the Kymulga-phase culture (of the larger Mississippian culture) lived at Talisi, the former site of Childersburg. In the fall of 1540, the Spanish Hernando de Soto expedition rested here for about one month during its exploration of the Southeast. Childersburg calls itself "The Oldest City in America". The Abihka people (part of those who became known as the Muskogee or Creek) dominated the area by the 18th century.
The Alabama Army Ammunition Plant, a munitions plant, was established in Childersburg in 1941 and operated throughout World War II until August 1945. Operated by DuPont, the plant produced explosives, such as nitrocellulose, trinitrotoluene (TNT), and dinitrotoluene (DNT). The plant also secretly produced heavy water to support the Manhattan Project. In 1940 the town had about five hundred people. Over fourteen thousand workers came to build and later operate the new facility.
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,927 people residing in the city, an increase over the 1990 population of 4,600. In 2000, there were 1,999 households and 1,419 families in the city. The population density was 637.2 people per square mile (246.1/km2). There were 2,149 housing units at an average density of 277.9 per square mile (107.3/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 68.87% White, 29.73% Black or African American, 0.32% Native American, 0.06% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.26% from other races, and 0.73% from two or more races. 0.61% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
- 2:39 AM CST on November 18, 2018
- 8:00 AM CST on November 18, 2018
Sunday 11/18 0%
Areas of dense morning fog. Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 66F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 11/19 10%
Partly cloudy. High 67F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 11/20 10%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 58F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 11/21 10%
Generally sunny. High 57F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 11/22 10%
A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. High around 60F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Childersburg AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Childersburg AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 8
Bing: Childersburg AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Childersburg, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Childersburg, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
6 Best Tile Contractors - Childersburg AL | HomeAdvisor
Childersburg Tile Contractors are rated 4.10 out of 5 based on 24 reviews of 6 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Tile Contractors in Childersburg AL - Networx
When you have a tile problem in your Childersburg home or business, choose a tile contractor located in Childersburg, AL. By reading reviews posted by your neighbors, you can hire the Childersburg Alabama tile contractor you want, and be assured of their professionalism.
Best 15 General Contractors in Childersburg, AL | Houzz
Childersburg, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Childersburg, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Flooring installation contractors in Childersburg, AL - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Childersburg, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Tile Contractors in Childersburg, Alabama - ehardhat.com
eHARDHAT helps you find the best Childersburg Tile Installers. Compare top AL Tile contractors. Find the best pro for you right now!
4 Best Tile Installation & Repair Companies - Childersburg ...
Hire the Best Tile Installers and Repair Companies in Childersburg, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 4 Top Childersburg Tile Install or Repair services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Our 3 Best Childersburg, AL Flooring Contractors | Angie's ...
Find Flooring Contractors in Childersburg, AL. Read Ratings and Reviews on Childersburg, AL Flooring Contractors on Angie’s List so you can pick the right Floor Installation the first time.
Childersburg, AL Tile, Stone and Countertop Manufacturers ...
In addition to basic surfaces, many Childersburg, AL tile, stone and countertop contractors can create and install murals and mosaics, as well as add decorative edge treatments to countertops. They also repair or replace surfaces in the event of chips, cracks, stains or other damage.
Servpro Childersburg Alabama Carpet Cleaning - Contractors ...
Tile flooring - install or repair Feel free to get exclusive help, expert assistance and free painting quotes using the form on top of this page which means you can relax and feel safe because you are in trusted hands in Childersburg .