Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Douglas AZ
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Douglas AZ, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Douglas AZ tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Douglas AZ, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Douglas AZ tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, as well as Douglas or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Douglas AZ tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Arizona references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Douglas AZ home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Douglas Arizona
Douglas is a city in Cochise County, Arizona, United States that lies in the north-west to south-east running San Bernardino Valley within which runs the Rio San Bernardino. Douglas has a border crossing with Mexico at Agua Prieta and a history of mining.
The Douglas area was first settled by the Spanish in the 18th century. Presidio de San Bernardino was established in 1776 and abandoned in 1780. It was located a few miles east of present-day Douglas. The United States Army established Camp San Bernardino in the latter half of the 19th century near the presidio, and in 1910 Camp Douglas was built next to the town.
Douglas was founded as an American smelter town, to treat the copper ores of nearby Bisbee, Arizona. The town is named after mining pioneer Dr. James Douglas and was incorporated in 1905. Two copper smelters operated at the site. The Calumet and Arizona Company Smelter was built in 1902. The Copper Queen operated in Douglas from 1904 until 1931, when the Phelps Dodge Corporation purchased the Calumet and Arizona Company and took over their smelter. The Calumet and Arizona smelter then became the Douglas Reduction Works. Douglas was the site of the Phelps-Dodge Corporation Douglas Reduction Works until its closure in 1987. The smoke stacks of the smelter were not taken down until January 13, 1991. The town was a site of the Arizona Copper Mine Strike of 1983.
On June 23, 1926, missing evangelist Aimee Semple McPherson was found collapsed near a road at the adjacent Mexican town of Agua Prieta. She was driven into Douglas and told a story of kidnap, torture and escape as she convalesced at Calumet Hospital. There, large crowds gathered, anxious to see the famous Canadian-American celebrity minister. She had earlier disappeared from a beach near Los Angeles and was believed drowned. For a period of several weeks, Douglas enjoyed a brisk tourist boom as police, reporters and others visited the town and the nearby desert to investigate her story. The Los Angeles Times wrote, "Mrs. McPherson put Douglas square on the map and the citizens here appear grateful that it was in Douglas she sought refuge."
- 12:45 PM MST on January 21, 2019
- 7:00 PM MST on January 21, 2019
Monday 01/21 0%
Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. High 71F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tuesday 01/22 0%
Sunny. High 54F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday 01/23 0%
Sunny. High 57F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 01/24 0%
Sunny skies. High around 65F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 01/25 0%
Partly cloudy skies. High near 65F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Douglas AZ Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Douglas AZ tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1
Bing: Douglas AZ Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Roofing Contractors in Augusta, GA - HomeAdvisor.com
Hire the Best Roofing Contractors in Augusta, GA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 271 Homeowner Reviews of Top Augusta Roofing Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Roofing Directory - Find Local Roofers for Free Estimates ...
Find local roofing contractors and get estimates instantly for roof repair, replacement, cost calculator etc. at Roofing-Directory.com. We are a complete list of commercial and residential roofers.
Vendor Information Pages
To access the updated Vendor Information Pages(VIP) you must select one of the options available through AccessVA Login: Veteran Small Business Owners:
South Dakota Department of Transportation - Contractor ...
1st Resource Solutions, LLC 1811 N Dumont Drive Marion, IN 46952-Phone: Fax: 2 C's Freight Broker LLC 522 Finnie Flat Rd E-618 Camp Verde, AZ 86322
25 Best Tile Contractors - Sacramento CA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Sacramento, CA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 472 Homeowner Reviews of Top Sacramento Tile Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Contractor Directory - LECET Southwest
The LECET Southwest Contractor Directory contains construction employers that are signatory with the Laborers’ Union in Northern California, Southern California, San Diego, Arizona, New Mexico, or Western Texas.
The 10 Best Roofing Contractors in Tucson, AZ (with Free ...
Here is the definitive list of Tucson's roofing contractors as rated by the Tucson, AZ community. Want to see who made the cut?
Top 215 Reviews and Complaints about Beazer Homes
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018. Totally misled with price and they lowered all price by $20k right after we signed. The trades they have come for repairs are TERRIBLE.
Hoover Dam - Wikipedia
Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between the U.S. states of Nevada and Arizona.It was constructed between 1931 and 1936 during the Great Depression and was dedicated on September 30, 1935, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.Its construction was the result of a massive effort involving thousands of workers, and cost over one ...
Find Roof Repair Contractors - Fix Your Leaking Roof!
Categories » Repair Fix It! Roof Repair Contractors to the Rescue, Free Estimates Fast. Loose shingles, missing shingles, and stains appearing on the ceiling inside your house due to a leaky roof are all indicators that your roof is in need of repair.