Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Fairhope AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Fairhope AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Fairhope AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Fairhope AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Fairhope AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Fairhope or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Fairhope AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Fairhope AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Fairhope Alabama
Fairhope is a city in Baldwin County, Alabama, United States, on a sloping plateau, along the cliffs and shoreline of Mobile Bay. The 2010 census lists the population of the city as 15,326. Fairhope is a principal city of the Daphne-Fairhope-Foley micropolitan area, which includes all of Baldwin County. In 2016, Fairhope was named the best small town in the South by Southern Living magazine.
Fairhope was founded in November 1894 on the site of the former Alabama City as a radical Georgist "Single-Tax" colony by the Fairhope Industrial Association, a group of 28 followers of economist Henry George who had incorporated earlier that year in Des Moines, Iowa. Their corporate constitution explained their purpose in founding a new colony:
In forming their demonstration project, they pooled their funds to purchase land at "Stapleton's pasture" on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay and then divided it into a number of long-term leaseholds. The corporation paid all governmental taxes from rents paid by the lessees, thus simulating a single-tax. The purpose of the single-tax colony was to eliminate disincentives for productive use of land and thereby retain the value of land for the community.
In 1907 educator Marietta Johnson founded the School for Organic Education in Fairhope. The school was praised in John Dewey's influential 1915 book Schools of Tomorrow. Dewey and Johnson were founding members of the Progressive Education Association.
Friday 03/22 0%
Mainly clear. Lows overnight in the mid 40s.
Saturday 03/23 0%
Sunshine and some clouds. High near 70F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 03/24 10%
Mainly sunny. High 72F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/25 50%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Partly cloudy with afternoon showers or thunderstorms. High 74F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Tuesday 03/26 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 65F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Find the Right Fairhope AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Fairhope AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 40
Bing: Fairhope AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Roofing Contractors in Mobile, AL - HomeAdvisor.com
Hire the Best Roofing Contractors in Mobile, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 421 Homeowner Reviews of Top Mobile Roofing Contractors. RC Laborers, EZ Roof and EZ Restoration, W. O. Webb Construction, Inc., 1 Man Crew, Helping Hand Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
24 Best Handyman Services - Pensacola FL | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Handyman Services in Pensacola, FL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 357 Homeowner Reviews of Top Pensacola Handyman Services. Lat 30 Property Maintenance and Repair, KandM Contractor Services, Steve Ludy Handyman, Kev's Handyman Services, LLC, A1man Handyman. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Cost to Install a Walk-in Tub - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Labor. The installation of a standard walk-in tub into a typical retrofit bathroom is usually straightforward. The old tub will be removed, along with the row of tile (if applicable) that adjoins it on the walls.
Island Granite | Granite Countertops | Alabama
From inspiration to installation, Island Granite is here to help every step of the way with your next project. Since 2007, we’ve helped homeowners from Mobile to Pensacola and the surrounding area achieve the look of their dreams.
Violations - LSLBC
To view the complete information of the company name, allegation, and/or action taken, please hover your cursor over the text
South Florida Regional Transportation Authority - Employer ...
EDP Member Application Join the Employer Discount Program now and start commuting to work for only $75 per month – a 25% savings on Tri-Rail’s already-low fares!
The Foreign Labor Certification Data Center is developed and maintained by the State of Utah under contract with the US Department of Labor, Office of Foreign Labor Certification.State of Utah under contract with the US Department of Labor, Office of Foreign Labor Certification.