Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Girdwood AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Girdwood AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Girdwood AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Girdwood AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Girdwood AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Girdwood or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Girdwood AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Girdwood AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Girdwood Alaska
Girdwood is a resort town within the southern extent of the Municipality of Anchorage in the state of Alaska. Located near the end of the Turnagain Arm of Cook Inlet, Girdwood lies in a valley in the southwestern Chugach Mountains, surrounded by seven glaciers feeding into a number of creeks, which either converge within the valley or empty directly into the arm. Girdwood is typically accessed by the Seward Highway (Milepost 90), with the main line of the Alaska Railroad paralleling the highway. By road distance, most of the community lies within 35 to 40 miles (56 to 64 km) of downtown Anchorage. According to 2014 estimates, a little under 2,000 people live in the valley.
Founded as a community to supply miners during the Turnagain Arm gold rushes of the 1890s, Girdwood was mostly a small, quiet place until the middle of the 20th century. Two events drastically altered that. The first was the establishment of Alyeska Resort along the slopes of Mount Alyeska, which became an international destination coincidental with Anchorage's civic promotion of itself as "The Air Crossroads of the World". The second was the 1964 earthquake, which devastated the original townsite located directly along the arm. Following the earthquake, most of the town moved further up the valley to a new townsite, though a few homes remained and a strip mall was later constructed along the Seward Highway. Historically dominated in the years since the resort's opening by seasonally-occupied vacation homes and seasonal activity at the resort, the opening of the Alyeska Prince Hotel during the 1990s has shifted the resort, and hence Girdwood as a whole, more towards year-round activity and a year-round economy. This has led to periodic debates about community growth and affordability of housing for resort workers, many of whom over the years have resorted to camping illegally on public lands.
Girdwood still revolves heavily around seasonal activity, with skiing and snowboarding at Alyeska Resort bringing visitors and their money into the community. Summer activities are also popular, which include hiking, fishing and rafting. The Girdwood Forest Fair, held every July, is the community's most significant visitor attraction apart from resort-related activities. Girdwood is located within the northernmost extent of rain forest on Earth, and also serves as the closest point of access to Chugach National Forest from Anchorage proper.
Originally called "Glacier City," Girdwood was founded as a supply camp for placer gold miners with claims along the creeks feeding Turnagain Arm. It was renamed for Colonel James Girdwood, a Belfast-born, Scots-Irish entrepreneur and linen merchant who staked the first four gold claims along Crow Creek in 1896.
Sunday 11/18 100%
Periods of rain. High 43F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Monday 11/19 90%
Cloudy with periods of rain. High 42F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
Tuesday 11/20 80%
Periods of snow. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
Wednesday 11/21 60%
Occasional snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 60%. Snowfall around one inch.
Thursday 11/22 20%
Partly cloudy skies. High 27F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Girdwood AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Girdwood AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Girdwood AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Palmer AK ...
Find the Right Palmer AK Tiling Contractor. Finding the right Palmer AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area.
VALHALLA CONSTRUCTION. General Contractor - Girdwood, AK ...
Girdwood, AK - General Contractor. ... a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor. ... Valhalla Construction Company is a general contractor from Girdwood. They offer sunroom construction, pergola construction, basement remodeling and other services
Girdwood Contractors near me - in my area Spruce 'em Up ...
Alaska; Girdwood . Contractors in Girdwood. ... Simply use the form below and check out free no-obligation quotes from award winning tile pros in Girdwood. Tile flooring - installation and repair Walls, backsplashc countertops Bathroom and shower - install & repair
Tile contractors Anchorage, AK - Wild S'Tile
Fully licensed, bonded and insured tile contractors for your peace of mind Welcome to Wild S'Tile, where high quality meets low prices! We are a full-service installer of tile surfaces in the Anchorage, AK area with experience and prices that are unmatched by competition.
Valhalla Construction Girdwood Alaska Contractors Near Me
Replace or install a new roof (asphalt shingle, metal, tile, flat, foam, single ply, natural slate, wood shake) Roof inspections Siding install, replace or repair
Girdwood, AK Tile, Stone and Countertop ... - Houzz
In addition to basic surfaces, many Girdwood, AK tile, stone and countertop contractors can create and install murals and mosaics, as well as add decorative edge treatments to countertops. They also repair or replace surfaces in the event of chips, cracks, stains or other damage.
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Girdwood AK ...
Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Girdwood AK. From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Girdwood AK, but how do you choose the best contractor?Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product.
Best 15 General Contractors in Girdwood, AK | Houzz
Girdwood, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Girdwood, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Top 8 Best Anchorage AK Tile Installers | Angie's List
The tile installation came out beautiful. I was concerned that the doors wouldn't clear the new floor - they trimmed a bit off the closet door and adjusted the bottom of the entry door. I had a scheduling problem with my usual plumber.
Our 5 Best Girdwood, AK Flooring Contractors | Angie's List
Find Flooring Contractors in Girdwood, AK. Read Ratings and Reviews on Girdwood, AK Flooring Contractors on Angie’s List so you can pick the right Floor Installation the first time.