Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Gustavus AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Gustavus AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Gustavus AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Gustavus AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Gustavus AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Gustavus or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Gustavus AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Gustavus AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Gustavus Alaska
Gustavus, formerly known as "Strawberry Point", lies on the outwash plain created by the glaciers that once filled Glacier Bay. Two hundred years ago, it was primarily a single large "beach". The native Tlingit people and others used the area for fishing, berry picking, and other similar uses. The town itself is less than one hundred years old. The first settlers arrived in 1914, but left shortly afterward. The first permanent homestead was established in 1917, when Abraham Lincoln Parker moved his family to Strawberry Point. Many Gustavus residents are descendants and relatives of the original Parker homesteaders.
In 1925 the name became "Gustavus", when the U.S. Post Office required a change for its new post office, although locals continued calling it "Strawberry Point" long afterwards. The new name came from Point Gustavus at the mouth of Glacier Bay.
In 1793 George Vancouver named Point Adolphus (at the northern tip of Chichagof Island, and today a well-known humpback whale feeding area) after Adolphus Frederick, seventh son of King George III. In 1878, W.H. Dall, while working on a coastal survey, saw "Adolphus" on the map and assumed it was for Swedish king Gustavus Adolphus. The point across Icy Strait from Point Adolphus at the mouth of Glacier Bay was not named on the map, so Dall called it "Gustavus". Another possibility is that Dall named Gustavus for Gustavus C. Hanus, a U.S. Naval Academy graduate who had extensive experience throughout southeast Alaska, and both Dall and Hanus served with the Coast Survey in Alaska. Hanus laid out the first streets in Juneau and helped quell the trouble in Klukwan in 1881.
There is still a large beach at Gustavus, with many strawberries. The city is surrounded on three sides by Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, and on the fourth side by water. The area is a temperate rain forest; spruce and hemlock trees reach heights of 60 metres (200 ft), and alders, balsam poplar, fern, mosses, fireweed, lupine, and other plants are also common. Gustavus's coastal location gives it a relatively mild winter. Summer temperatures range from 11 to 17 °C (52 to 63 °F); winter temperatures from −3 to 4 °C (27 to 39 °F).
- 10:39 PM AKST on January 15, 2019
- 12:00 PM AKST on January 16, 2019
Wednesday 01/16 10%
Partly cloudy. High 36F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 01/17 0%
Partly cloudy. High 31F. Winds light and variable.
Friday 01/18 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 29F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday 01/19 20%
Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 29F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 01/20 40%
Rain and snow in the morning will become rain and snow showers in the afternoon. High 34F. Winds light and variable. Chance of precip 40%.
Find the Right Gustavus AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Gustavus AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Gustavus AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Tile contractors Anchorage, AK - Wild S'Tile
Fully licensed, bonded and insured tile contractors for your peace of mind Welcome to Wild S'Tile, where high quality meets low prices! We are a full-service installer of tile surfaces in the Anchorage, AK area with experience and prices that are unmatched by competition.
12 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 100 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Tile Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly. Home ProFinder ... Legacy Tile is your locally owned and operated tile installation and repair pro. We stand behind ... See More. Get a Quote (907) 952-0999.
Bowersox Tile Installation | AK | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
Bowersox Tile Installation, 1330 B Mission Rd, Palmer, AK (Owned by: Earl Bowersox) holds a Construction Contractors license and 4 other licenses according to the Alaska license board.. Their BuildZoom score of 90 indicates that they are licensed or registered but we do not have additional information about them.
Glacier Bay Construction Inc 1 Mile Main Rd, Gustavus, AK ...
Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Glacier Bay Construction Inc at 1 Mile Main Rd, Gustavus, AK. Search for other Grading Contractors in Gustavus on YP.com. Start your search by typing in the business name below.
Best Insulation Installers - Gustavus AK | Attic, Fiberglass
Home > Pro Ratings & Reviews > Alaska > Gustavus > Insulation Contractors > Insulation Installers Insulation Installation Contractors in Gustavus, AK Where do you need an Insulation Installer?
Salmon River Electric Gustavus Alaska Special Trades ...
1598 Gustavus Rd Gustavus US, Alaska 99826. ... Check out what licensed expert contractors in Gustavus can do for you: Bathroom, kitchen, attic, basement remodel Remodel or renovate 1+ rooms Major renovations, fire, storm and water restoration ... Tile flooring - install or repair .
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Juneau, AK 2018 - Porch
Roofer Security and Alarm Technician Siding Contractor Structural Engineer Tile Contractor Waterproofing Contractor Window Replacement and Installation Company Window Treatment Company Architect Door Contractor. ... Top 10 Flooring Contractors in Juneau, AK. ... Costs to install tile. $4600 - $10530. National average.
Ceramic Tile Installation | AK | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
In Alaska, most contractors that perform residential home improvements must be licensed by the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. Ceramic Tile Installation currently holds license 23340 (Is A Registered Specialty Contractor), which was Active when we last checked.
Best 15 Roofing and Gutter Companies in Gustavus, AK | Houzz
What do roofing companies in Gustavus, AK do? Your Gustavus, AK roofing contractor can install a new roof or repair an old one, as well as repair and replace gutters.
Best 15 General Contractors in Gustavus, AK | Houzz
Gustavus, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Gustavus, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.