Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Jackson AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Jackson AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Jackson AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Jackson AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Jackson AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Jackson or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Jackson AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Jackson AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Jackson Alabama
Al Jackson Jr.
Albert J. "Al" Jackson Jr. (November 27, 1935 – October 1, 1975), known as Al Jackson, was a drummer, producer, and songwriter. He was a founding member of Booker T. & the M.G.'s, a group of session musicians who worked for Stax Records and produced their own instrumentals. Jackson was affectionately dubbed "The Human Timekeeper" for his drumming ability. He was inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame in 2015.
Jackson's father, Al Jackson Sr., led a jazz/swing dance band in Memphis, Tennessee. The young Jackson started drumming at an early age and began playing on stage with his father's band in 1940, at the age of five. He later played in producer and trumpeter Willie Mitchell's band and at the same time was holding down a chair in the popular Ben Branch Band.
Future bandmates Steve Cropper and Donald "Duck" Dunn first heard Jackson playing in Mitchell's band at the Flamingo Room, and the all-white Manhattan Club. Mitchell had also hired Booker T. Jones for his band. It was Jones who suggested Jackson be brought to Stax. He said, "You guys need to know about Al." Dunn said that Jackson almost caused his wife to divorce him, because after finishing his own gig at one o'clock, he would stop by a club to hear Jackson and would get home at four or five in the morning; "He was that good!" said Dunn. At first, Jackson was reluctant to join Stax. He felt he could make more money playing live than doing session work. He wanted a guaranteed regular salary to come over to Stax (although he continued to play on sessions produced by Mitchell for Hi Records). And so he became the first Stax session musician to be on a weekly salary.
Jackson became one of the most influential drummers in the history of recorded music at Stax, providing an instantly recognizable backbeat behind the label's artists, including Rufus Thomas, Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd, Sam & Dave, Otis Redding, and blues guitarist Albert King (whose work Jackson also produced). He co-wrote "Respect" and many other Stax hits. In the 1970s, he co-wrote and played on several hits by Al Green, including "Let's Stay Together" and "I'm Still in Love with You", at Hi, and he was also a session drummer for many artists, such as Elvis Presley, Bill Withers, Leon Russell, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eric Clapton, Jean Knight, Major Lance, Ann Peebles, Rod Stewart, Shirley Brown, Donny Hathaway and Herbie Mann.
Friday 03/22 0%
Mainly sunny. High 71F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 03/23 10%
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 76F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 03/24 10%
A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. High 77F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/25 60%
Chance of a Thunderstorm
Cloudy early. Scattered thunderstorms developing later in the day. High around 75F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Tuesday 03/26 20%
Considerable clouds early. Some decrease in clouds later in the day. High 68F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Find the Right Jackson AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Jackson AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Bing: Jackson AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
State of Rhode Island: Contractors' Registration and ...
This is a list of all suspended, revoked and any contractors with pending violations. This list was developed to keep consumers informed of contractor registration status changes and is updated frequently.
Contractors – Kansas City NARI
Award winning, NARI Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler. Kitchen and bath remodeling specialist. Old house experts. Our craftsmen are employees…Established in 1994…CLC on staff
Appliance Repair & Installation Services in Birmingham, AL
Hire the Best Appliance Repair and Installation Services in Birmingham, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 400 Homeowner Reviews of Top Birmingham Appliance Repair and Installation Services. Mr. Appliance Over the Mountain, Vulcan Appliance Repair, Atlas Appliance Repair, DNA Heating and Air Distribution, Just Cooling Refrigeration, LLC. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Fence Contractors in Gulfport, MS - HomeAdvisor.com
Hire the Best Fence Contractors in Gulfport, MS on HomeAdvisor. We Have 369 Homeowner Reviews of Top Gulfport Fence Contractors. Top Notch Carpentry, SouthernScapes, LLC, ArcSouth Welding and Fabrication, Interior Design, LLC, Electric Reich. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
UCP Directory Search
UCP Directory Search: Company Name: Certifying Agency ...
Cost to Install Flat Roof - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Average cost to have flat roof installed is about $4000 - $5000 (1200 sq.ft. home - modified bitumen). Find here detailed information about flat roof installation costs.
Cost to Remodel a Bathroom - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Average cost to remodel a bathroom is about $18,000 (full remodel of a Master bathroom including flooring, shower, tub, vanity, and accessories). Find here detailed information about bathroom remodeling costs.
24/7 All Services LLC Haim Mishali Gulf Shores, AL 36542 (251) 981-0001 : 3D Installation, Daniel W. Davis dba Wesley Davis Mobile, AL 36608 (251) 463-5263
State Electrical Regulations
Electrical Contractor. Contractors must be registered with the Department of Community & Economic Development and must also be, or have in their employ, a person currently licensed as an electrical administrator.
Chimney Cap Installation - HomeImprovementEducator.com
A chimney cap protects your chimney, flue lining, and fireplace or stove from animals and the elements. It also safeguards your roof and surrounding buildings against fire damage caused by burning embers.