Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Jackson AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Jackson AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Jackson AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Jackson AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Jackson AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Jackson or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Jackson AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Jackson AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Jackson Alabama
Al Jackson Jr.
Albert J. "Al" Jackson Jr. (November 27, 1935 – October 1, 1975), known as Al Jackson, was a drummer, producer, and songwriter. He was a founding member of Booker T. & the M.G.'s, a group of session musicians who worked for Stax Records and produced their own instrumentals. Jackson was affectionately dubbed "The Human Timekeeper" for his drumming ability. He was inducted into the Memphis Music Hall of Fame in 2015.
Jackson's father, Al Jackson Sr., led a jazz/swing dance band in Memphis, Tennessee. The young Jackson started drumming at an early age and began playing on stage with his father's band in 1940, at the age of five. He later played in producer and trumpeter Willie Mitchell's band and at the same time was holding down a chair in the popular Ben Branch Band.
Future bandmates Steve Cropper and Donald "Duck" Dunn first heard Jackson playing in Mitchell's band at the Flamingo Room, and the all-white Manhattan Club. Mitchell had also hired Booker T. Jones for his band. It was Jones who suggested Jackson be brought to Stax. He said, "You guys need to know about Al." Dunn said that Jackson almost caused his wife to divorce him, because after finishing his own gig at one o'clock, he would stop by a club to hear Jackson and would get home at four or five in the morning; "He was that good!" said Dunn. At first, Jackson was reluctant to join Stax. He felt he could make more money playing live than doing session work. He wanted a guaranteed regular salary to come over to Stax (although he continued to play on sessions produced by Mitchell for Hi Records). And so he became the first Stax session musician to be on a weekly salary.
Jackson became one of the most influential drummers in the history of recorded music at Stax, providing an instantly recognizable backbeat behind the label's artists, including Rufus Thomas, Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd, Sam & Dave, Otis Redding, and blues guitarist Albert King (whose work Jackson also produced). He co-wrote "Respect" and many other Stax hits. In the 1970s, he co-wrote and played on several hits by Al Green, including "Let's Stay Together" and "I'm Still in Love with You", at Hi, and he was also a session drummer for many artists, such as Elvis Presley, Bill Withers, Leon Russell, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eric Clapton, Jean Knight, Major Lance, Ann Peebles, Rod Stewart, Shirley Brown, Donny Hathaway and Herbie Mann.
Sunday 11/18 0%
Sunny. High near 70F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 11/19 10%
Partly cloudy. High near 70F. Winds light and variable.
Tuesday 11/20 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 63F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 11/21 10%
Sunshine. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 11/22 20%
Mostly cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High 61F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Jackson AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Jackson AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Bing: Jackson AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Moulton AL ...
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Moulton AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing.
3 Best Tile Contractors - Jackson MI | HomeAdvisor
Jackson Tile Contractors are rated 4.80 out of 5 based on 75 reviews of 3 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
The 10 Best Bathroom Tile Contractors Near Me (with Free ...
If the tile walls are 6 feet to 8 feet high, in this example, the tile installation costs would run about $2,000. Price includes materials. Tile installation on a 3-foot by 5-foot regular tub and shower walls with an 8-foot ceiling: $1,450.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Jackson, MI (with Free ...
Tile installation costs for ceramic floors depend on the type of tile you select. You can purchase tile that sells for under $2 per square foot or tile that costs $50 per square foot — or more for artisanal and hand-painted tiles.
Overstreet Siding Company Jackson Alabama Siding Contractors
Tile flooring - installation and repair Walls, backsplashc countertops Bathroom and shower - install & repair Natural stone - granite, marble, slate etc. Grout repair and replacement Cabinets, drawers - install and Repair ... Siding Contractors Overstreet Siding Company Jackson.
Overstreet Siding Company Jackson Alabama Siding Contractors
Repair existing roof (asphalt shingle, metal, tile, flat, foam, single ply, natural slate, wood shake) Replace or install a new roof (asphalt shingle, metal, tile ...
Better Installation Slab Tile Inc - Jackson | Tile ...
Better Installation Slab Tile Inc's Tile Tasks around Jackson For twelve years, their crew has been the greatest answer for tile assignments in the Jackson, AL area. Better Installation Slab Tile Inc expert tile installers are crucial to see a top notch household renovation.
Best 25 Flooring in Jackson, AL with Reviews - YP.com
Flooring in Jackson, AL. About Search Results. ... Flooring Contractors Carpet Installation. Website More Info. ... Certain materials like hardwood and tile are difficult to install yourself if you have never done it before. However, you can opt for easier-to-install options, like engineered wood or carpet squares, which are simpler than wall ...
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Jackson, GA 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Jackson, GA are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
The 10 Best Tile Installation Services in Jackson, AL 2018 ...
The most trusted tile installation services in Jackson are on Porch. See costs, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local tile installation services.