Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Jacksonville AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Jacksonville AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Jacksonville AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Jacksonville AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Jacksonville AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Jacksonville or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Jacksonville AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Jacksonville AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Jacksonville Alabama
Jacksonville is a city in Calhoun County, Alabama, United States. As of the 2010 census the population was 12,548, which is a 49% increase since 2000. It is included in the Anniston-Oxford Metropolitan Statistical Area. Jacksonville State University is located here, which is a center of commerce and one of the largest employers in the area.
Jacksonville was founded in 1833 on land purchased from Creek Indian Chief "Du-Hoag" Ladiga. First called Drayton, the town was renamed to honor President Andrew Jackson in 1834. There are a couple Civil War monuments in town, including a statue of Major John Pelham in the city cemetery and a statue of a Confederate soldier in the middle of the square. Jacksonville served as the county seat for Calhoun County until the 20th century when it moved to Anniston. Jacksonville State University was founded here in 1883.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.8 square miles (25.5 km2), of which 0.008 square miles (0.02 km2), or 0.10%, is water. Jacksonville is located in a valley between Choccolocco Mountain to the east and smaller ridges to the west.
As of the census of 2010, there were 12,548 people, 4,917 households, and 2,466 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,275 people per square mile (492.2/km²). There were 5,382 housing units at an average density of 546.4 per square mile (210.9/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 68.7% White, 26.8% Black or African American, 0.5% Native American, 1.3% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 0.6% from other races, and 1.9% from two or more races. 2.3% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
Friday 03/22 0%
Clear. Lows overnight in the upper 30s.
Saturday 03/23 0%
Sunny. High 68F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 03/24 0%
Mostly cloudy. High 74F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/25 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning becoming more widespread in the afternoon. High 66F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Tuesday 03/26 20%
Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 60F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Jacksonville AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Jacksonville AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 9
Bing: Jacksonville AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Blalock Building Company
Blalock Building Company, Inc. is a privately held commercial general contractor located in Trussville, Alabama. Established in 2006, Blalock Building Company, Inc. specializes in schools, luxury theater developments, churches, retail centers, and other commercial developments.
2019 Drop or Suspended Ceiling Cost | Acoustic Tile Prices
See average costs to install a drop or suspended ceiling, as well as acoustic tile pricing. Learn pros, cons and tips to save.
Cost to Install Ceramic Tile Floor - Estimates and Prices ...
How much does it cost to install ceramic tile floor? Ceramic tile floors are a popular option for many areas of the house. For this example, we'll look at installing glazed ceramic tile floor in a 32 square foot bathroom.The cost for this project averages $700-$900.It is recommended to hire a professional for this project instead of attempting to do it yourself.
Home Improvement Contractors for your Remodeling Needs
Find and Book the Right Pros for Your Home Improvement Project. Contractor Directory. Use the eHARDHAT Contractor Directory to read customer reviews and find full contact information for home improvement contractors.
Spray Foam Insulation Installation in Raleigh, NC | Tri ...
Tri-City Insulation offers spray foam insulation, gutter, and other building product installation services for residential and commercial customers in Raleigh, NC. Call 919-790-9684 for a free estimate.
Cost to Install a Walk-in Tub - Estimates and Prices at Fixr
Labor. The installation of a standard walk-in tub into a typical retrofit bathroom is usually straightforward. The old tub will be removed, along with the row of tile (if applicable) that adjoins it on the walls.
roof - Old World Craftsmen :: Home
Our Services. We specialize in providing superior roofing installation and repair of various types of products and materials...
Jacksonville - Northeast Florida Chapter - National ...
The Overhead Door Depot is a family owned and operated business right here in Nassau, Duval, St. Johns, and Clay County, including Jacksonville and Fernandina Beach.
2019 Tile Installation Costs | Tile Floor Prices Per ...
HomeAdvisor's Tile Installation Cost Guide gives per square foot prices for porcelain and cermaic tiles and average labor costs to lay kitchen and bathroom flooring. Estimate rates for a tiler to remove and retile pavers in or outside of the house.
Metal Roof Installation - Metal Roofing Panels - Metal ...
Metal Roofing Panels & Trim for Contractors. Contractors across the Southeast rely on Advanced Aluminum for top quality metal roofing products and superior customer service.