Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Juneau AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Juneau AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Juneau AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Juneau AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Juneau AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Juneau or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Juneau AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Juneau AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Juneau Alaska
The City and Borough of Juneau (/ˈdʒuːnoʊ/ JOO-noh; Tlingit: Dzánti K'ihéeni [ˈtsántʰì kʼìˈhíːnì]), commonly known as Juneau, is the capital city of Alaska. It is a unified municipality located on the Gastineau Channel in the Alaskan panhandle, and it is the second largest city in the United States by area. Juneau has been the capital of Alaska since 1906, when the government of what was then the District of Alaska was moved from Sitka as dictated by the U.S. Congress in 1900. The municipality unified on July 1, 1970, when the city of Juneau merged with the city of Douglas and the surrounding Greater Juneau Borough to form the current municipality, which is larger by area than both Rhode Island and Delaware.
Downtown Juneau (58°18′07″N 134°25′11″W / 58.30194°N 134.41972°W / 58.30194; -134.41972) is nestled at the base of Mount Juneau and across the channel from Douglas Island. As of the 2010 census, the City and Borough had a population of 31,276. In 2014, the population estimate from the United States Census Bureau was 32,406, making it the second most populous city in Alaska after Anchorage.Fairbanks, however, is the second most populous metropolitan area in the state, with roughly 100,000 residents. Juneau's daily population can increase by roughly 6,000 people from visiting cruise ships between the months of May and September.
The city is named after a gold prospector from Quebec, Joe Juneau, though the place was for a time called Rockwell and then Harrisburg (after Juneau's co-prospector, Richard Harris). The Tlingit name of the town is Dzántik'i Héeni ("Base of the Flounder’s River," dzánti ‘flounder,’ –kʼi ‘base,’ héen ‘river’), and Auke Bay just north of Juneau proper is called Áak'w ("Little lake," áa ‘lake,’ -kʼ ‘diminutive’) in Tlingit. The Taku River, just south of Juneau, was named after the cold t'aakh wind, which occasionally blows down from the mountains.
Juneau is rather unusual among U.S. capitals (except Honolulu, Hawaii) in that there are no roads connecting the city to the rest of Alaska or to the rest of North America (although ferry service is available for cars). The absence of a road network is due to the extremely rugged terrain surrounding the city. This in turn makes Juneau a de facto island city in terms of transportation, since all goods coming in and out must go by plane or boat, in spite of the city being located on the Alaskan mainland. Downtown Juneau sits at sea level, with tides averaging 16 feet (5 m), below steep mountains about 3,500 feet (1,100 m) to 4,000 feet (1,200 m) high. Atop these mountains is the Juneau Icefield, a large ice mass from which about 30 glaciers flow; two of these, the Mendenhall Glacier and the Lemon Creek Glacier, are visible from the local road system. The Mendenhall glacier has been gradually retreating; its front face is declining both in width and height.
Wednesday 11/14 50%
Chance of Rain
Showers. Lows overnight in the mid 30s.
Thursday 11/15 10%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 42F. Winds light and variable.
Friday 11/16 0%
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 37F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday 11/17 100%
Rain likely. High 43F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall around a half an inch.
Sunday 11/18 100%
Rain likely. High 46F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch.
Find the Right Juneau AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Juneau AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Juneau AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Hoonah AK ...
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Hoonah AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing.
Best Tile Contractors - Juneau AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Juneau, AK on HomeAdvisor. Get Quotes and Book Instantly. Home ProFinder Pro Reviews True Cost ... Marble, Slate, Quartz, etc) - Repair Tile & Grout Cleaning Stone Restoration & Polishing Grout: Replace or Repair Tile Install or Repair Marble Restoration & Polishing Granite Restoration & Polishing Floor Tile ...
Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Juneau AK
Hire the Best Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Installers in Juneau, AK on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Juneau Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. Home ... Recent Job Requests for Install Ceramic or Porcelain Tile Contractors in Juneau, Alaska: Project Location: 99801. Date: 10/2017.
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Juneau, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Juneau, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
Juneau, AK Tile, Stone and Countertop Manufacturers and ...
In addition to basic surfaces, many Juneau, AK tile, stone and countertop contractors can create and install murals and mosaics, as well as add decorative edge treatments to countertops. They also repair or replace surfaces in the event of chips, cracks, stains or other damage.
The 10 Best General Contractors in Juneau, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted general contractors in Juneau, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.
Our 8 Best Juneau, AK Flooring Contractors | Angie's List
Find Flooring Contractors in Juneau, AK. Read Ratings and Reviews on Juneau, AK Flooring Contractors on Angie’s List so you can pick the right Floor Installation the first time.