Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Kodiak AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Kodiak AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Kodiak AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Kodiak AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Kodiak AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Kodiak or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Kodiak AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Kodiak AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Kodiak Alaska
Kodiak (Alutiiq: Sun'aq; Russian: Кадьяк, tr. Kadʹyak) is one of seven communities and the main city on Kodiak Island, Kodiak Island Borough, in the U.S. state of Alaska. All commercial transportation between the entire island and the outside world goes through this city either via ferryboat or airline. The population was 6,130 as of the 2010 census. 2014 estimates put the population at 6,304.
After the Alaska Purchase by the United States in 1867, Kodiak became a commercial fishing center which continues to be the mainstay of its economy. A lesser economic influence includes tourism, mainly by those seeking outdoor adventure trips. Salmon, halibut, the unique Kodiak bear, elk, Sitka deer (black tail), and mountain goats attract hunting tourists as well as fishermen to the Kodiak Archipelago. The Alaska Department of Fish and Game maintains an office in the city and a website to help hunters and fishermen obtain the proper permits and learn about the laws specific to the Kodiak area.
The city has four public elementary schools, a middle and high school, as well as a branch of the University of Alaska. An antenna farm at the summit of Pillar Mountain above the city historically provided communication with the outside world before fiber optic cable was run. Transportation to and from the island is provided by ferry service on the Alaska Marine Highway as well as local commercial airlines.
The Kodiak Archipelago has been home to the Alutiiq for over 7,000 years. In their language, qikertaq means "island". In 1763, the Russian explorer Stephan Glotov discovered the island, calling it Kad’yak (Кадьяк). He was followed by the British captain James Cook fifteen years later, who first recorded "Kodiak" in his journals in 1778.
Wednesday 11/21 40%
Mostly cloudy with snow showers during the morning. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Thursday 11/22 10%
Mainly sunny. High 37F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 11/23 60%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy in the morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers later in the day. High 39F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Saturday 11/24 80%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with periods of light rain. High 43F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Sunday 11/25 90%
Rain likely. Becoming windy in the afternoon. High near 45F. Winds E at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Find the Right Kodiak AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Kodiak AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Kodiak AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Friend Contractors Kodiak Alaska Jerrol Friend Contractors ...
16 November 18 Everything you need to know about Friend Contractors in Kodiak. Imagine years of enjoyment from quality that stands the test of time and get the job done by Friend Contractors with great expertise, a positive attitude and attention to detail in Kodiak. Friend Contractors is here to answer your questions in Kodiak.
Anderson Construction Kodiak Alaska Mike Anderson ...
Check out what licensed expert contractors in Kodiak can do for you: Bathroom, kitchen, attic, basement remodel ... Feel free to click here or use the form below and check out free no-obligation quotes from award winning tile pros in Kodiak. Tile flooring - installation and repair Walls, backsplashc countertops ... Alaska Hydraulics Inc 410 ...
Best 15 General Contractors in Kodiak, AK | Houzz
Kodiak, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Kodiak, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Best 6 Flooring Contractors in Kodiak, AK with Reviews ...
Flooring contractors install the floor surface, including carpeting if desired, as well as underlayment--the layer directly beneath the floor surface. They typically do not install subflooring, which is the layer that rests on top of the joists.
Best Carpet Installation Contractors - Kodiak AK | Reviews ...
Hire the Best Carpet Installers in Kodiak, AK on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Kodiak Carpet Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Best 5 Tile Contractors Dealers in Kodiak, AK with Reviews ...
The cost to have floor tiles installed typically ranges $1,350-$4,500 per medium-sized room. You must figure in the cost of the flooring tile itself, the cost of other supplies, the price of labor (figure about 15 hours for one contractor), and any equipment that needs to be rented.
Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Kodiak AK
Hire the Best Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Installers in Kodiak, AK on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Kodiak Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. Home ... Recent Job Requests for Install Ceramic or Porcelain Tile Contractors in Kodiak, Alaska: Project Location: 99615. Date: 04/2016.
2018 Porcelain Tile in Kodiak, AK Cost - homeyou.com
Find the Best Costs on Porcelain Tile - Kodiak, 99615. While still on the issue of the costs involved in getting the best porcelain tile in Kodiak, you will need to think about the company that will be handling the installation for you.
The 6 Best Tile Contractors in Kodiak, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Kodiak, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
The 7 Best Flooring Contractors in Kodiak, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Kodiak, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.