Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Madison AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Madison AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Madison AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Madison AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Madison AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Madison or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Madison AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Madison AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Madison Alabama
Madison is a city located primarily in Madison County, near the northern border of the State of Alabama. Madison extends west into neighboring Limestone County. The city is included in the Huntsville Metropolitan Area, the second-largest in the state, and is also included in the merged Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 42,938. Madison is bordered by Huntsville on all sides.
Madison's first European-American resident was John Cartwright, who settled in the area in 1818. The city was originally known as Madison Station, and it developed in the 1850s around a stop of the Memphis & Charleston Railroad. Textile mills were built in the area in the late 19th century for processing of cotton.
Madison was the site of a battle in the American Civil War. On May 17, 1864, Col. Josiah Patterson's 5th Alabama Cavalry, supported by Col. James H. Stuart's cavalry battalion and a section of horse artillery, drove Col. Adam G. Gorgas's 13th Illinois Infantry Regiment from the city. Patterson's men captured the 13th Illinois Regiment's wagon train, taking 66 prisoners. They also burned Union supplies and tore up the railroad tracks before retreating. Portions of the 5th Ohio Cavalry, the 59th Indiana Infantry and the 5th Iowa Infantry were sent in pursuit from Huntsville. They skirmished with Patterson's rear guard that evening at Fletcher's Ferry on the Tennessee River south of Madison.
In the World War II and postwar period, military and NASA operations were moved to Huntsville, stimulating an increase in population in the region. Suburbanization drew residents to outlying areas, where new homes were built. By 1980, Madison's population was 4,057. In the late 20th century, Madison's population increased rapidly as it developed as a suburb of Huntsville. By 2010 its population had grown to 42,938; the US Census estimated the city had 46,450 in 2014.
Saturday 02/16 80%
Chance of Rain
Showers possible. Lows overnight in the low 40s.
Sunday 02/17 90%
Showers early, becoming a steady rain later in the day. Thunder possible. High near 65F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Monday 02/18 10%
Cloudy. High 53F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday 02/19 100%
Periods of rain. High 48F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Wednesday 02/20 100%
Thunderstorms. High 64F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near an inch. Locally heavy rainfall possible.
Find the Right Madison AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Madison AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 18
Bing: Madison AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Distributors | FinPan, Inc.
Searchable list of retailers who carry FinPan products. Name Website Web Retailer Address City State/Province Zip Code Phone Type; 21st Century Tile
Tile drainage - Wikipedia
In agriculture, tile drainage is a species of drainage system that removes excess water from soil below its surface. Whereas irrigation is the practice of providing additional water to soil when it is naturally too dry, drainage reduces the moisture in soil and thereby increases the amount of air in its pores so as to augment conditions for optimal growth of crops.
2019 Average Concrete, Brick or Stone Patio Installation ...
Concrete, Brink & Stone Patio Prices. Whether you use it as a spot for relaxing or entertaining guests, a new outdoor patio is a great addition to any home.
2019 Florida Contractors License: Requirements, Lookup & More
Article reviewed by Thomas Jepsen, MSc Thomas Jepsen, MSc Thomas Jepsen is a Danish Economist with a Master's Degree from Copenhagen Business School. He has worked in the home improvement industry alongside contractors for more than 8 years.
11 Best Remodeling Contractors - Huntsville AL | Home ...
Hire the Best Addition and Remodeling Contractors in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 169 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Addition and Remodeling Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Digital Roofing Innovations - Roofers Decatur, AL | Voted ...
We are proud to serve our communities during a time of need. Our office is located in Decatur, AL allowing us to serve the surrounding areas of Northern Alabama including Decatur, Huntsville, Madison, Florence, Athens, Cullman, Hartselle, Muscle Shoals, and Guntersville, AL.
State Electrical Regulations
Electrical Contractor. Contractors must be registered with the Department of Community & Economic Development and must also be, or have in their employ, a person currently licensed as an electrical administrator.
Southeast Concrete Solutions, LLc
If you are looking for a top quality epoxy floor coating contractors and concrete coating contractor in Huntsville, you can rest easy. Southeast Concrete Solutions, LLC, specializes in comprehensive services for all of your concrete surfacing needs.
Slate Roofing Contractors Association of North America ...
Roofing contractors listed on this page are members, or applicants, of the Slate Roofing Contractors Association
25 Best Tree Services - Huntsville AL | Tree Removal
Hire the Best Tree Services in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 520 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Tree Services. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.