Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Nome AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Nome AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Nome AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Nome AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Nome AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Nome or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Nome AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Nome AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Nome Alaska
Nome (/ˈnoʊm/; Inupiaq: Siqnazuaq IPA: [siqnɐzuɑq]) is a city in the Nome Census Area in the Unorganized Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. The city is located on the southern Seward Peninsula coast on Norton Sound of the Bering Sea. In 2016 the population was estimated at 3,797, a rise from the 3,598 recorded in the 2010 Census, up from 3,505 in 2000. Nome was incorporated on April 9, 1901, and was once the most-populous city in Alaska. Nome lies within the region of the Bering Straits Native Corporation, which is headquartered in Nome.
In the winter of 1925, a diphtheria epidemic raged among Alaska Natives in the Nome area. Fierce territory-wide blizzard conditions prevented the delivery of a life-saving serum by airplane from Anchorage. A relay of dog sled teams was organized to deliver the serum.
The origin of the city's name "Nome" is debated; there are three theories. The first is that the name was given by Nome's founder, Jafet Lindeberg: within trekking distance of his childhood home in Kvænangen, Norway, there is a Nome valley (Norwegian: Nomedalen).
A second theory is that Nome received its name through an error: allegedly when a British cartographer copied an ambiguous annotation made by a British officer on a nautical chart, while on a voyage up the Bering Strait. The officer had written "? Name" next to the unnamed cape. The mapmaker misread the annotation as "C. Nome", or Cape Nome, and used that name on his own chart; the city in turn took its name from the cape.
Monday 03/18 10%
Skies clearing overnight. Lows overnight in the low single digits.
Tuesday 03/19 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 14F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 03/20 10%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 10F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday 03/21 0%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 6F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 03/22 40%
Cloudy with snow showers mainly during the morning. High around 20F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
Find the Right Nome AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Nome AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Nome AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Best 2 Concrete in Nome, AK with Reviews - YP.com
Local concrete in Nome, AK. Compare expert Concrete, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... AKA to install a paved driveway, typically runs between $2000-$5500 depending on the square footage of the driveway, the materials used, cost of labor and the terrain. ... Cracks on the walls or on floor tiles are a sign ...
Johnson Brothers Construction Nome 99762 Alaska Johnson ...
Check out what licensed expert contractors in Nome can do for you: Bathroom, kitchen, attic, basement remodel ... Tile flooring - installation and repair Walls, backsplashc countertops Bathroom and shower - install & repair ... Charles Trainor Home Remodeling Contractors Near Me Veggo Alaska 99762 PO Box 1924 Victor Olsen Handyman Services
Tile contractors Anchorage, AK - Wild S'Tile
Fully licensed, bonded and insured tile contractors for your peace of mind Welcome to Wild S'Tile, where high quality meets low prices! We are a full-service installer of tile surfaces in the Anchorage, AK area with experience and prices that are unmatched by competition.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Kenai, AK 2019 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Kenai, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
12 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 81 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Tile Contractors. Rob Steen, Bear Creek Builders, A and J Installations, Bell Contracting and Home Design, LLC, Aipaq Construction. ... Legacy Tile is your locally owned and operated tile installation and repair pro. We stand behind ...
Northern Contractors LLC. General Contractor - Nome, AK ...
See past project info for Northern Contractors LLC including photos, cost and more. Nome, AK - General Contractor. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.
Top 6 Best Anchorage AK Tile Installers | Angie's List
Find Top-Rated Anchorage Tile Installers There are 6 top-rated tile installers in your area.
Alaska Tile Design | Wasilla AK | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
From BuildZoom: Alaska Tile Design, Wasilla, AK (Owned by: Sergiy Sdobnikov) holds a Construction Contractors license and 4 other licenses according to the Alaska license board. Their BuildZoom score of 95 ranks in the top 22% of 14,813 Alaska licensed contractors. BuildZoom has not verified this license since its expiration date.
Ceramic Tile Installation | AK | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
In Alaska, most contractors that perform residential home improvements must be licensed by the Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing. Ceramic Tile Installation currently holds license 23340 (Is A Registered Specialty Contractor), which was Active when we last checked.
Top Best Kenai AK Tile Installers | Angie's List
Find Top-Rated Kenai Tile Installers There are 0 top-rated tile installers in your area and 43 to avoid.