Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Nome AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Nome AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Nome AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Nome AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Nome AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Nome or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Nome AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Nome AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Nome Alaska
Nome (/ˈnoʊm/; Inupiaq: Siqnazuaq IPA: [siqnɐzuɑq]) is a city in the Nome Census Area in the Unorganized Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. The city is located on the southern Seward Peninsula coast on Norton Sound of the Bering Sea. In 2016 the population was estimated at 3,797, a rise from the 3,598 recorded in the 2010 Census, up from 3,505 in 2000. Nome was incorporated on April 9, 1901, and was once the most-populous city in Alaska. Nome lies within the region of the Bering Straits Native Corporation, which is headquartered in Nome.
In the winter of 1925, a diphtheria epidemic raged among Alaska Natives in the Nome area. Fierce territory-wide blizzard conditions prevented the delivery of a life-saving serum by airplane from Anchorage. A relay of dog sled teams was organized to deliver the serum.
The origin of the city's name "Nome" is debated; there are three theories. The first is that the name was given by Nome's founder, Jafet Lindeberg: within trekking distance of his childhood home in Kvænangen, Norway, there is a Nome valley (Norwegian: Nomedalen).
A second theory is that Nome received its name through an error: allegedly when a British cartographer copied an ambiguous annotation made by a British officer on a nautical chart, while on a voyage up the Bering Strait. The officer had written "? Name" next to the unnamed cape. The mapmaker misread the annotation as "C. Nome", or Cape Nome, and used that name on his own chart; the city in turn took its name from the cape.
Find the Right Nome AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Nome AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Nome AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
12 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 112 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Tile Contractors. LouDogg Flooring, LJ Tile, LLC, A and J Installations, L P Services, Bear Creek Builders. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Top Professionals in Nome , AK - porch.com
Roofer Security and Alarm Technician Siding Contractor Structural Engineer Tile Contractor Waterproofing Contractor Window Replacement and ... a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile ... Top Professionals in Nome, AK. We've collected the top pros in ...
Top 6 Best Anchorage AK Tile Installers | Angie's List
Business Description: Install and repair ceramic, stone & porcelain tile, complete fabrication and preparation for tile Installations. Experts in design and project layout. Many photo's of previous jobs. Bath tile and shower regrout's , grout & tile sealing. Demolition and removal of old existing tile or other materials.
Alaska Tile Installers | Alaska | Read Reviews + Get a Bid ...
Want a quote from Alaska Tile Installers? We recommend getting 3 quotes for any construction project. Use our free bidding system to get a quote from Alaska Tile Installers + 2 more of the best.
7 Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Anchorage AK
Hire the Best Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Installers in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 7 Top Anchorage Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Tile Installers in Anchorage | Tile Anchorage AK contractors
eHARDHAT helps you find the best Anchorage Tile Installers. Compare top AK Tile contractors. Find the best pro for you right now!
Alaska Custom Tile & Floors | AK | Read Reviews + Get a ...
Alaska Custom Tile & Floors, 1130 N Rainbow, Wasilla, AK (Owned by: Dan Draveling) holds a Construction Contractors license and 6 other licenses according to the Alaska license board.. Their BuildZoom score of 90 indicates that they are licensed or registered but we do not have additional information about them.
Best 30 Flooring Contractors in Anchorage, AK with Reviews ...
Local flooring contractors in Anchorage, AK. Compare expert Flooring Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES®
Tile contractors Anchorage, AK - Wild S'Tile
Welcome to Wild S'Tile, where high quality meets low prices! We are a full-service installer of tile surfaces in the Anchorage, AK area with experience and prices that are unmatched by competition. We specialize in all tile applications from new installations to small and major repairs.
Flooring installation contractors in Juneau, AK - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Juneau, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.