Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Palmer AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Palmer AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Palmer AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Palmer AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Palmer AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Palmer or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Palmer AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Palmer AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Palmer Alaska
Palmer is a city in and the borough seat of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is part of the Anchorage Metropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city is 5,937.
The first people to live in the Matanuska Valley, where Palmer is located, were the Dena'ina and Ahtna Athabaskans. They moved throughout the area, living a subsistence lifestyle and trading with other native groups. Their trade routes were along the Matanuska River. Russians came to Alaska in 1741 and brought the Russian Orthodox religious tradition to the indigenous peoples of the region. In the early 1890s, an entrepreneur named George W. Palmer built a trading post on the Matanuska River, near present-day Palmer. The town was later named after Palmer.
In the late 19th century, the U.S. government began to take interest in the Matanuska coal fields located north of Palmer. This interest sparked financiers to consider constructing the Alaska Central Railroad in 1904. The advent of World War I created a need for high quality coal to fuel U.S. battleships, and by 1917 the US Navy had constructed rail from the port of Seward to the Chickaloon coal deposits. At the end of World War I, the U.S. Navy distributed land in the coal fields to war veterans and additional land was opened to homesteading. Farmers, miners and homesteaders began to populate the area. The Palmer Post Office was opened July 6, 1917 under the name of Warton. With railroad accessibility, new markets for agriculture began to open up for farmers in the Matanuska Valley.
In one year, Palmer transformed from a mere whistle stop rail siding to a planned community with modern utilities and community services. Eleven million dollars from Federal Emergency Relief Administration was spent to create the town of Palmer and relocate 203 families from the hard hit Iron Range region of Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Families traveled by train and ship to Palmer, arriving in May 1935. Upon their arrival they were housed in a tent city during their first Alaskan summer. Each family drew lots for 40-acre (160,000 m2) tracts and their farming adventure began in earnest. The failure rate was high, but many of their descendants still live in the area and there are still many operating farms in the Palmer area, including the Vanderwheele and Wolverine farms. In 1971, the National Outdoor Leadership School started operating wilderness education courses in the nearby Talkeetna and Chugach mountain ranges from a local historic farmhouse, the Berry House, which is currently listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Saturday 02/16 80%
Cloudy with snow. High near 20F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Sunday 02/17 90%
Light freezing rain early will transition to wintry mix in the afternoon. High 31F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Snow and ice accumulating 1 to 3 inches.
Monday 02/18 60%
Snow showers. High 34F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. About one inch of snow expected.
Tuesday 02/19 70%
Snow during the morning will give way to some clearing during the afternoon. High 28F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 70%. Snowfall around one inch.
Wednesday 02/20 20%
Overcast. High 27F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Palmer AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Palmer AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Business Results 1 - 10 of 7
Bing: Palmer AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Mohawk Tile in Palmer, AK with Reviews - YP.com
Mohawk Tile in Palmer, AK. About Search Results. About Search Results. YP - The Real Yellow Pages SM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Search results are sorted by a combination of factors to give you a set of choices in response to your search criteria. ... Tile-Contractors & Dealers Granite. Website YP ...
11 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 99 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Tile Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly. Home ProFinder ... Legacy Tile is your locally owned and operated tile installation and repair pro. We stand behind ... See More. Get a Quote (907) 952-0999.
Tile Contractors in Palmer, AK | HOMEFLOCK
The biggest list of Tile Contractors in Palmer, AK . All data is collected from public records. We do not guarantee accuracy of information.
Tile Contractors in Wasilla, AK - cylex.us.com
Results for Tile Contractors in Wasilla, AK. Get free custom quotes, customer reviews, prices, contact details, opening hours from Wasilla, AK based businesses with Tile Contractors keyword. ... Flooring America sells a large variety of flooring and offers a free flooring installation service. ... 3185 DOVE LN 99645 Palmer (907) 745-6960...
3 Best Concrete Contractors - Palmer AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Concrete Contractors in Palmer, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 49 Homeowner Reviews of Top Palmer Concrete Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly. ... Special applications/finishes: Stamped to look like stone, brick or tile. Request Stage: Ready ... Related Projects for Concrete in Palmer, AK. Install Concrete Driveways & Floors ...
Best 30 General Contractors in Palmer, AK with Reviews ...
Local general contractors in Palmer, AK. Compare expert General Contractors, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® Start your search by typing in the business name below.
Building Remodeling & Repair Contractors Palmer,AK
Local Building Remodeling & Repair Contractors in Palmer,AK with maps, local business reviews, directions and more.
Flooring Installation in Wasilla, AK - cylex.us.com
installation, replacement, and repair services in Wasilla, AK. Our local contractors serve 99654 and the surrounding areas and will do the work for you. Our local contractors serve 99654 and the surrounding areas and will do the work for you.
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Palmer, AK 2018 - Porch
Top 10 Flooring Contractors in Palmer, AK. last frontier custom tile & flooring. ... Costs to install tile. $4600 - $10530. National average. Get costs in your area. ... General Contractor PALMER, AK FE Contracting Inc. General Contractor - PALMER, AK Warren Fiscus Land Surveying.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Palmer, AK 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Palmer, AK are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.