Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Piedmont AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Piedmont AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Piedmont AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Piedmont AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Piedmont AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Piedmont or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Piedmont AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Piedmont AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Piedmont Alabama
Piedmont is a city in Calhoun and Cherokee counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. The population was 4,878 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Anniston-Oxford, Alabama Metropolitan Statistical Area. Many surrounding communities are served by the 36272 ZIP code, including Spring Garden, Rock Run, Knighten's Crossroads, and Nance's Creek. The current mayor is Bill Baker, who was chosen by the city council to lead after elected mayor Rick Freeman resigned due to medical issues.
The area now known as Piedmont is a community that began in the early 1840s, located at the crossroads of two early post roads. Major Jacob Forney Dailey of North Carolina came to Alabama in 1848 and bought land in present-day Piedmont. Major Dailey named the area Cross Plains, and an official post office with that name was established on September 22, 1851.
In Reconstruction-era Alabama, an incident at Cross Plains affected race relations and the future of the northeast section of the state for generations as a result of the lynching of William Luke, a northern missionary, and several other men in 1870. In that year, the new northern-owned railroad to connect Washington, D.C. and the North with New Orleans was to have its headquarters near the small northeast Alabama town, at Patona. After the Ku Klux Klan-led lynchings, however, the headquarters was moved, and the town never achieved the dominant position in Calhoun County, with Anniston, founded the next year, achieving that status instead.
Wall Street financier Franklin Delano, uncle of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, was president of the railroad at the time. The railroad sponsored a school for African-American children of freedmen, and Luke was the teacher. Word spread in the area that Luke was teaching racial equality, and resentment developed against him in the northern Calhoun County area. The railroad was planning to use the graduates as a source of students for Talladega College who might then go on to work for the railroad. A racial fight at the Cross Plains station gave rise to arrests of certain freedmen, and then of Luke as well. Klansmen then seized the prisoners and murdered them. Congressional hearings followed, with strengthened civil rights laws, but the murderers were never properly punished.
Friday 03/22 10%
Clear. Lows overnight in the upper 30s.
Saturday 03/23 10%
Sunny skies. High 68F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 03/24 10%
Overcast. High 74F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday 03/25 80%
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. High 66F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Tuesday 03/26 20%
Cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 61F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Piedmont AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Piedmont AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Piedmont AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
UCP Directory Search - UCPHome
UCP Directory Search: Company Name: Certifying Agency ...
Cost to Install Plumbing in a Bathroom Remodel - Estimates ...
How much does it cost to install plumbing in a bathroom remodel? Plumbing is the most expensive area of a full bathroom remodel, but it's worth looking into as bathroom remodels provide some of the highest resale returns on investment.
TruTeam Career Opportunities | Join the Building Products ...
Why Work with Us. As the nation's leading installer of insulation and building products, we offer rewarding opportunities across the U.S. We have over 190 installation branches located in 43 states.
Trivantis Player - Login
UTC EH&S Contractor Training is a learning portal designed specifically for UTC EH&S Contractors, covering a wide variety of EHS learning topics critical to your safety and the safety of all UTC Employees.
Spray Foam Insulation Installation in Raleigh, NC | Tri ...
Tri-City Insulation offers spray foam insulation, gutter, and other building product installation services for residential and commercial customers in Raleigh, NC. Call 919-790-9684 for a free estimate.
South Dakota Department of Transportation - Contractor ...
1st Resource Solutions, LLC 1811 N Dumont Drive Marion, IN 46952-Phone: Fax: 2 C's Freight Broker LLC 522 Finnie Flat Rd E-618 Camp Verde, AZ 86322
Court Decisions - N.C. Industrial Commission Home Page
Slip Opinions: This page contains clickable hypertext links to read, search, and copy the full text of N.C. Supreme Court and N.C. Court of Appeals slip opinions in Workers’ Compensation and Tort Award cases initially handled by the N.C. Industrial Commission (NCIC).The page also has links to court pages in the contiguous states, plus links to read, search, and copy the full text of both U.S ...
Sub-Contractor Name Site ...
Associate Members | HBAGCC
Company directory of associate members subcontractors and suppliers.
Nviro Hardwood Floors - HomeAdvisor.com
At the core of Nviro Hardwood Floors is our continued commitment to remain a service-oriented company. We ensure that workmanship is performed with the highest degree of professionalism. While our business is to transform each home and building into magnificent hardwood beauty, we're just as ...