Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Pleasant Grove AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Pleasant Grove AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Pleasant Grove AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Pleasant Grove AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Pleasant Grove AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Pleasant Grove or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Pleasant Grove AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Pleasant Grove AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Pleasant Grove Alabama
Pleasant Grove, Alabama
It was established in 1889, but incorporated as a city in January 1937. The incorporation came about by reason of a rather unusual circumstance. The town sits on land honeycombed by coal mines. For many years the residents had relied on water wells for their water supply. As years passed and more mining was done, Pleasant Grove found itself confronted with a problem. Residents would sometimes go to their well to draw water only to find there was none. The water had gone into the mines.
During the mid to late 30s, the Federal Government had a program for financing the building of local water systems. In exploring the possibility of securing such funds, it was revealed that in order to secure such financing a community must be legally incorporated. At this time the incorporation became a reality.
The first appointed Mayor of Pleasant Grove was W.P. Stone. The city is governed by a mayor and five council members who serve four-year terms. Elections for city officials is held during the summer of each leap year with four-year terms beginning the first Monday in October. The area known as Pleasant Grove, Alabama was first homesteaded in September 1836. Pleasant Grove is in Jefferson County. Although no one seems to know when or exactly how the town came by its name, old documents indicate that at least part of this area was called Pleasant Grove as early as 1884. Pleasant Grove was made up of four communities which included Frog Pond, Lizard Ridge, Cottage Hill, and Pleasant Grove.
The city is governed by a mayor, currently Jerry Brasseale, and five-member council. All city officials are elected to four-year terms on leap years. The council meets the first and third Monday of each month at Pleasant Grove City Hall. Council members as of the 2008 election are James Mosely, William Bullion, Terrie Hicks, Philip Houston and Paula Johnson.
Find the Right Pleasant Grove AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Pleasant Grove AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 25