Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Sheffield AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Sheffield AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Sheffield AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Sheffield AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Sheffield AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Sheffield or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sheffield AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sheffield AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Sheffield Alabama
Sheffield is a city in Colbert County, Alabama, United States, and is included in the Shoals metropolitan area. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city was 9,039. Sheffield is the birthplace of "country-soul pioneer" and songwriter Arthur Alexander, French horn player Willie Ruff, notable attorney, actor, former senator and presidential contender Fred Thompson, Watergate committee U.S. Senator Howell Heflin and U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell, whose father was working in nearby Athens when he was born. It sometimes is referred to as "the City of Senators" due to the births of Heflin, McConnell and Thompson within its borders. Col. Harland Sanders worked in the Sheffield depot for Southern Railway in the 1900s. It is also home to the Muscle Shoals Sound Studio where many popular 20th century musicians recorded their work, including Alexander and Ruff. It is the site of historic Helen Keller Hospital, formerly known as Colbert County Hospital and originally constructed in 1921. It was changed to Helen Keller Hospital in 1979, and Keller's birthplace Ivy Green is located less than one mile southwest of the hospital in adjacent Tuscumbia.
Sheffield is located in eastern Colbert County at 34°45′35″N 87°41′41″W / 34.75972°N 87.69472°W / 34.75972; -87.69472 (34.759721, -87.694592), on the south bank of the Tennessee River. Sheffield is bordered to the south by the city of Tuscumbia, to the southeast by Muscle Shoals, and to the north, across the river, by Florence.
Sheffield was one of the Colbert County sites of embarkation by riverboat and barge on the Tennessee River during the forced relocation of Eastern and Southern United States Indian tribes, known as the Trail of Tears. The embarkation site was at what is now the Spring Creek boat launch and park area.
Sheffield was the home of Muscle Shoals Sound Studios at 3614 Jackson Highway and later at 1000 Alabama Avenue. Cher, The Rolling Stones, The Osmonds, Aretha Franklin, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Simon & Garfunkel, The Staple Singers and many others recorded the biggest hits of their careers in this small studio, that remains well known and respected throughout the music industry.
- 2:15 PM CDT on March 18, 2019
- 9:00 AM CDT on March 19, 2019
Tuesday 03/19 0%
Mostly sunny. High around 60F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 03/20 10%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 64F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday 03/21 10%
Partly cloudy. High 61F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday 03/22 10%
A mainly sunny sky. High 66F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday 03/23 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 67F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Sheffield AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Sheffield AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Sheffield AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Brilliant International Pvt School | Tel - +971 6 5442420 ...
Get complete information of Brilliant International Pvt Schoolwith tel- +971 6 5442420, , Al Mowaileh District, Sharjah at Yellowpages.ae.
Laminate Flooring Installation Cost - Fixr.com
How much does it cost to install laminate flooring? Laminate flooring is a manufactured multi-layered synthetic floor that is fused together using a lamination process, which simulates the look of wood, stone, or tile with a photographic layer under a clear protective layer.
WBDG | WBDG - Whole Building Design Guide
With over 500,000 users downloading 3 million documents per month, the WBDG is the only web-based portal providing government and industry practitioners with one-stop access to current information on a wide range of building-related guidance, criteria and technology from a 'whole buildings' perspective.
Projects - ESL Group
Lake Kutubu Convention and Performing Arts Centre, Papua New Guinea. ESL Australia Pacific PTY Ltd have completed the design, supply and installation of the aluminium standing seam multi...
Porcelain Tile Floor Cost - Fixr.com
Average cost to install porcelain tile floor is about $900 (12” x 12” glazed tiles in an L shaped 32 sq.ft. bathroom). Find here detailed information about porcelain tile floor costs.
How Much Does It Cost To Remodel Multiple Rooms? - HomeAdvisor
Remodeling even one room can seem like an overwhelming prospect, but tackling multiple rooms or a whole-house remodel requires careful planning, preparation and budgeting. The good news is that you can save a substantial amount of time and money by tackling multiple rooms at the same time. Being ...
CAF | Construction Advancement Foundation
member login. to access the caf members page enter your user id and password then click submit.
Residential Construction, Repair and Improvements ...
Residential Construction, Repair and Improvements Service Companies owned by past military and present military members. Veteran Owned Businesses (VOB), Active Duty Military, Reservists and Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Companies (SDVOSB) of the United States Army (USARMY), Air Force (USAF), Marines (USMC), Navy (USN), Coast Guard (USCG) and National Guard specializing in residential ...
State of Rhode Island: Contractors' Registration and ...
This is a list of all suspended, revoked and any contractors with pending violations. This list was developed to keep consumers informed of contractor registration status changes and is updated frequently.
2019 Flooring Installation Costs | Average Price to ...
Return to Top. Vinyl and Linoleum Flooring. If you're on a tight budget, vinyl and linoleum can save you tons in both material and labor costs. Like laminate, they can imitate wood, stone or tile, and when purchased in squares, can be easy enough to install that you might not need a contractor.