Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Sylacauga AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Sylacauga AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Sylacauga AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Sylacauga AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Sylacauga AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Sylacauga or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Sylacauga AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Sylacauga AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Sylacauga Alabama
Sylacauga is known for its fine white marble bedrock. This was discovered shortly after settlers moved into the area and has been quarried ever since. The marble industry was the first recorded industry in the Sylacauga area.
Sylacauga is the site of the first documented case of an object from outer space hitting a person. On November 30, 1954, a 4 kg (9 lb) piece of what became known as the Hodges Meteorite crashed through the roof of an Oak Grove house, bounced off a radio, and badly bruised Mrs. Ann Hodges, who was taking an afternoon nap.
The first settlers in the Coosa River Valley were the Creek Indians whose later encounters with the Spanish and French had a significant influence on the history of Sylacauga. Events that occurred between these three groups were partly responsible for the settlement of the village of Chalakagay in 1748 by Shawnee Indians led by Peter Chartier.
Sylacauga was first mentioned in Hernando de Soto's records in 1540. It was later listed in the French territorial records in 1759 as being a town inhabited by 50 Shawnee Indian warriors, and the name then known as Chalakagay. Late in the summer of 1836 all of the Indians remaining in Alabama were taken west by the United States government. The name Sy-la-cau-ga is derived from the Indian words Chalaka-ge which mean "The Place of the Chalaka Tribe". The city was first incorporated in 1838 as Syllacoga and again in 1887 as Sylacauga.
Thursday 11/15 10%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 41F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 11/16 10%
Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 57F. Winds light and variable.
Saturday 11/17 10%
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 63F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 11/18 10%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High 64F. Winds light and variable.
Monday 11/19 10%
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High 61F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Sylacauga AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Sylacauga AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 6
Bing: Sylacauga AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Sylacauga, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Sylacauga, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
7 Best Tile Contractors - Sylacauga AL | HomeAdvisor
Sylacauga Tile Contractors are rated 4.24 out of 5 based on 26 reviews of 7 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Best Countertop Installation Contractors in Sylacauga, AL
Best Countertop Installation Contractors in Sylacauga, AL. Where do you need a countertop installation contractor? Go search. Top 10 countertop installation contractors in Sylacauga, AL. russo construction. ... Service Description: The installation of tile countertops, such as ceramic, laminate or stone tiles. ...
Best Tile Roof Installation Contractors - Sylacauga AL ...
Hire the Best Tile Roof Contractors in Sylacauga, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from Top Sylacauga Traditional Tile Roof Install services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly.
Tile Contractors in Sylacauga AL - Networx
When you have a tile problem in your Sylacauga home or business, choose a tile contractor located in Sylacauga, AL. By reading reviews posted by your neighbors, you can hire the Sylacauga Alabama tile contractor you want, and be assured of their professionalism.
tile ceramic contractors in Sylacauga, AL | Reviews ...
Find tile ceramic contractors in Sylacauga, AL on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
Best 17 Flooring Contractors in Sylacauga, AL with Reviews ...
Flooring contractors install the floor surface, including carpeting if desired, as well as underlayment--the layer directly beneath the floor surface. They typically do not install subflooring, which is the layer that rests on top of the joists.
Best 15 General Contractors in Sylacauga, AL | Houzz
Sylacauga, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Sylacauga, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Top 3 Best Sylacauga AL Home Remodeling Contractors ...
Join for FREE to read real reviews and see ratings for Sylacauga, AL Home Remodeling Contractors near you to help pick the right ... This company offers services like home remodeling, home remodeling, landscaping, deck building, lighting installation...and more. Join For Free. Hire safely! ... We purchased almost 20% more tile than he said he ...
Best 15 Specialty Contractors in Sylacauga, AL | Houzz
Look in the Professionals section of our website under Sylacauga, AL specialty contractors, then select the nearest metro area for a contractor. ... · Sylacauga Kitchen and Bathroom Remodelers · Sylacauga Tile, ... Door Dealers and Installers · Sylacauga Driveway Installation and Maintenance Professionals · Sylacauga Electricians ...