Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Tuscaloosa AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Tuscaloosa AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Tuscaloosa AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Tuscaloosa AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Tuscaloosa AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Tuscaloosa or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Tuscaloosa AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Tuscaloosa AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Tuscaloosa Alabama
Tuscaloosa (/tʌskəˈluːsə/ TUS-kə-LOO-sə) is a city in and the seat of Tuscaloosa County in west central Alabama (in the southeastern United States). Located on the Black Warrior River at the Atlantic Seaboard fall line of the Piedmont, it is the fifth-largest city in Alabama, with an estimated population of 100,287 in 2017.
Incorporated as a town on December 13, 1819, it was named after Tuskaloosa, the chief of a band of Muskogean-speaking people. They battled and were defeated by forces of Spanish explorer Hernando de Soto in 1540 in the Battle of Mabila, thought to have been located in what is now central Alabama. Tuscaloosa served as Alabama's capital city from 1826 to 1846.
Tuscaloosa is the regional center of industry, commerce, healthcare, and education for the area of west-central Alabama known as West Alabama. It is the principal city of the Tuscaloosa Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes Tuscaloosa, Hale and Pickens counties. In 2013 its estimated metro population was 235,628. Tuscaloosa is also the home of The University of Alabama, Stillman College and Shelton State Community College. While the city attracted international attention when Mercedes-Benz announced it would build its first automotive assembly plant in North America in Tuscaloosa County, the University of Alabama remains the dominant economic and cultural engine in the city.
Tuscaloosa has been traditionally known as the "Druid City" because of the numerous water oaks planted in its downtown streets since the 1840s. The city has become known nationally for the sports successes of the University of Alabama, particularly in football. City leaders adopted the moniker "The City of Champions" after the Alabama Crimson Tide football team won the BCS National Championship in their 2009, 2011, and again in their 2012 seasons. The Tide won the College Football Playoff in the 2015 season and 2017 season.
Wednesday 12/19 40%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 62F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Thursday 12/20 70%
Chance of Rain
Occasional light rain. High 58F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Friday 12/21 40%
Chance of Rain
Rain showers early with overcast skies later in the day. High around 45F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Saturday 12/22 10%
Sunny. High 57F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 12/23 20%
Overcast. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 62F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Tuscaloosa AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Tuscaloosa AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Tuscaloosa AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
12 Best Tile Contractors - Tuscaloosa AL | HomeAdvisor
Tuscaloosa Tile Contractors are rated 4.83 out of 5 based on 105 reviews of 12 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
The 10 Best Tile Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted tile contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local ceramic tile, tile flooring, and tile installation services.
Flooring installation contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. ... Costs to install tile. $4600 - $10530. National average. ... read about what others paid for their Flooring Contractor services in Tuscaloosa. For example, hiring in Tuscaloosa costs $499.00 to $499.00 ...
Best 15 General Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL | Houzz
Tuscaloosa, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Tuscaloosa, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Tile Contractors in Tuscaloosa AL - Networx
Serving Tuscaloosa, AL. We take pride in our top-quality craftsmanship and friendly, timely service. Wiley Hardwood Flooring brings over 17 years of experience providing the best in hardwood flooring and tile installation, r...
Best 30 Tile Installation in Tuscaloosa, AL with Reviews ...
Tile Installation in Tuscaloosa on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Tuscaloosa, AL. Start your search by typing in the business name below.
tile contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL | Reviews - Yellowbook
Find tile contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL on Yellowbook. Get reviews and contact details for each business including videos, opening hours and more.
Tile Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL - cylex.us.com
Results for Tile Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL. Get free custom quotes, customer reviews, prices, contact details, opening hours from Tuscaloosa, AL based businesses with Tile Contractors keyword.
Best 30 Flooring Contractors in Tuscaloosa, AL with ...
From Business: Home Services at The Home Depot is the top choice for home installation, replacement, and repair services in Tuscaloosa, AL. Our local contractors serve 35404 and… Add to mybook Remove from mybook
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Brookwood AL ...
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Brookwood AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing.