Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Tuscumbia AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Tuscumbia AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Tuscumbia AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Tuscumbia AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Tuscumbia AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Tuscumbia or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Tuscumbia AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Tuscumbia AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Tuscumbia Alabama
Tuscumbia was the hometown of Helen Keller (Ivy Green) and much of the city is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the Tuscumbia Historic District. The city serves as the location for the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.
Tuscumbia had its beginnings when the Michael Dixon family arrived about 1816. They traded with Chief Tucumseh for the Tuscumbia Valley and built their home at the head of the big spring. From these humble dwellings quickly developed a village known as the Big Spring Community. The men of the community requested that the state legislature incorporate them as a city. The town was incorporated in 1820 as Ococoposa and is one of Alabama's oldest towns. In 1821, its name was changed to Big Spring and on December 22, 1822, to Tuscumbia, after the Chief Rainmaker of the Chickasaws.
Although shoals on the nearby Tennessee River made the river nearly impassable, a federal highway completed in 1820 provided the area with good access to markets. Tuscumbia soon became the center for agriculture in northern Alabama. A line to the town on the Tuscumbia, Courtland and Decatur Railroad was completed in 1832, and by 1850 Tuscumbia was a major railroad hub for train traffic throughout the South.
Tuscumbia is located northeast of the center of Colbert County at 34°43′51″N 87°42′10″W / 34.73083°N 87.70278°W / 34.73083; -87.70278 (34.730839, -87.702854). It is bordered to the north by the city of Sheffield and to the northeast by the city of Muscle Shoals. The Tennessee River is 1 mile (1.6 km) to the northwest.
Friday 03/22 0%
Sunny. High 67F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday 03/23 10%
Sunny, along with a few afternoon clouds. High 66F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 03/24 40%
Chance of Rain
Showers early becoming less numerous later in the day. High 66F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Monday 03/25 100%
Thunderstorms likely in the morning. Then the chance of scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 66F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100%.
Tuesday 03/26 0%
Some clouds in the morning will give way to mainly sunny skies for the afternoon. High near 60F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Tuscumbia AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Tuscumbia AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 2
Bing: Tuscumbia AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
3 Best Tile Installation & Repair Companies - Tuscumbia AL ...
Hire the Best Tile Installers and Repair Companies in Tuscumbia, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 3 Top Tuscumbia Tile Install or Repair services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. ... Recent Job Requests for Install or Repair Tile Contractors in Tuscumbia, Alabama: Project Location: Tuscumbia ...
3 Best Ceramic Tile Flooring Installers - Tuscumbia AL
Ceramic & Porcelain Tile Installers in Tuscumbia, AL. ... Recent Job Requests for Install Ceramic or Porcelain Tile Contractors in Tuscumbia, Alabama: Project Location: ... Tile Installation - SEEKING A FREE ESTIMATE TO REMOVE CARPET AND INSTALL NEW FLOORING FOR BATH ROOM CUSTOMER OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS FOR A MOBILE HOME.
Flooring installation contractors in Tuscumbia, AL - porch.com
Flooring installation contractors in Tuscumbia, AL. ... At Austen's Installations, we are experts in installation so you know that whatever tile you choose, your project will be well-crafted and installed by highly skilled professionals and with keen attention to detail. ... How do I know that I found the right Flooring Contractor in Tuscumbia ...
Tile Contractors Companies in Tuscumbia, Alabama - Manta
1 Tile Contractors Companies in Tuscumbia, Alabama. Search or browse our list of Tile Contractors companies in Tuscumbia, Alabama by category. Skip navigation. ... Tile Contractors in Tuscumbia, Alabama. Manta has 1 companies under Tile Contractors in Tuscumbia, Alabama. All Company Listings.
Best 15 General Contractors in Tuscumbia, AL | Houzz
Tuscumbia, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Tuscumbia, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Custom Tile & Marble Tuscumbia Alabama Ceramic Tile ...
Ceramic Tile Contractors C & I Crane Service Tuscumbia Phone: (256) 314-6245 24 February 19 Everything you need to know about Custom Tile & Marble in Tuscumbia.
Our Best Tuscumbia, AL Tile Installers | Angie's List
Find Tile Installers in Tuscumbia, AL. Read Ratings and Reviews on Tuscumbia, AL Tile Installers on Angie’s List so you can pick the right Ceramic Tile Installer the first time.
Tile Flooring Services In Tuscumbia, Alabama ...
Tile Flooring Services - Tuscumbia - Get a Free Repair or Installation Estimate If you're looking for tile flooring services in Tuscumbia, Alabama, you've come to the right place. Tile floors are practical for many reasons.
Bobby's Tile & Ceramic Tuscumbia 35674 Alabama Tile ...
Replace or install a new roof (asphalt shingle, metal, tile, flat, foam, single ply, natural slate, wood shake) Roof inspections Siding install, replace or repair Gutters install, replace or repair Get assistance in Tuscumbia by using the form on the left.
Top 2 Best Florence AL Flooring Installers | Angie's List
The tile arrived as scheduled and was installed as scheduled. The 2 installers worked all day. However they did not clean the floor properly after installation and there is a haze over many tiles which I have not been able to clean off.