Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Wrangell AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Wrangell AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Wrangell AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Wrangell AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Wrangell AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Wrangell or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Wrangell AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Wrangell AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Wrangell Alaska
The City and Borough of Wrangell (Tlingit: Ḵaachx̱aana.áakʼw) is a borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. As of the 2010 census the population was 2,369. Incorporated as a Unified Home Rule Borough on May 30, 2008, Wrangell was previously a city in the Wrangell-Petersburg Census Area (afterwards renamed the Petersburg Census Area (the Petersburg Borough was formed from part of this census area)). Its Tlingit name is Ḵaachx̱aana.áakʼw (“Ḵaachx̱an’s Little Lake” with áa-kʼw ‘lake-diminutive’). The Tlingit people residing in the Wrangell area, who were there centuries before Europeans, call themselves the Shtaxʼhéen Ḵwáan after the nearby Stikine River. Alternately they use the autonym Shxʼát Ḵwáan, where the meaning of shxʼát is unknown.
The central (urban) part of Wrangell is located at 56°28′15″N 132°22′36″W / 56.47083°N 132.37667°W / 56.47083; -132.37667, in the northwest corner of Wrangell Island, whereas the borough now encompasses the entire eastern half of the former Wrangell-Petersburg Census Area, in addition to the area around Meyers Chuck, which was formerly in the Prince of Wales-Outer Ketchikan Census Area. It also includes Thoms Place, a former census-designated place on Wrangell Island.
Tlingit people and their ancestors have inhabited this island for thousands of years. According to Naanyaa.aayí clan traditions, Tlingit people migrated down the Stikine River during a time when the river still flowed underneath glaciers. The population slowly moved down the river, settling in different locations such as Tlákw.aan "Ancient Village", Sʼiknáx̱ "Across from the Grass", Shaal.aan "Fish Trap Town", Xakw.aan "Sandbar Village", and Kayáash "Platform", Hehl (Xel/Xehl) "Foam People", Hehl being the senior of house of the village. Later settlements on the coast included Chʼuxʼáasʼaan "Waterfall Town" (now Mill Creek), Ḵeishangita.aan "Red Alder Head Village" (site of the Wrangell Institute at Shoemaker Bay), Kʼaatsʼḵu Noow "Among the Sharps Fort" (now Anita Bay), An.áan "Village that Rests" (now Anan Bear Viewing Area), and many others. The numerous petroglyphs found at Petroglyph Beach just north of Wrangell, as well as those scattered on the beaches of the many islands in the vicinity, attest to the long Tlingit occupation.
It is also known and somewhat forgotten, that first peoples coastal migration to the Stikine River happened from the south. The Nass River people had several migrations into the area. The "Git Setti" people tell of their migration story in a totem raised in Wrangell in 1894 called "Kickssetti" Totem.
Monday 01/21 100%
Cloudy with snow developing late. Temps nearly steady around 30. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 100%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.
Tuesday 01/22 90%
A mixture of winter precipitation types in the morning changing to just light freezing rain in the afternoon. Temps nearly steady around 30. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. About one inch of snow and ice expected.
Wednesday 01/23 20%
Cloudy. High 29F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 01/24 80%
Light freezing rain early...mixing with rain in the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 80%.
Friday 01/25 90%
A mix of rain and freezing rain in the morning...changing to all rain. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%.
Find the Right Wrangell AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Wrangell AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Wrangell AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Best 30 Commercial Contractors in Wrangell, AK with ...
Commercial Contractors in Wrangell on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Building Contractors-Commercial & Industrial in Wrangell, AK.
Top Contractors in Anchorage, AK - HomeAdvisor.com
Emergency Repairs. Want to take control of your home repair emergencies? Home911 helps you instantly connect with local pros who are on call and ready to help 24/7.
Wrangell, AK Industrial Electrical Contractors Services
Are you looking for the best industrial electrical contractors services in the Wrangell, Alaska area? If so, you've come to the right company. At MW Electricians you can bank on our rich experience to fix broken circuits, repair electrical switches, installation of new appliances, and more.
Taylor John & Sons Inc Wrangell 99929 Alaska Contractors ...
13 January 19 Everything you need to know about TAYLOR JOHN & SONS INC in Wrangell. Imagine years of enjoyment from quality that stands the test of time and get the job done by Taylor John & Sons Inc with great expertise, a positive attitude and attention to detail in Wrangell. Taylor John & Sons Inc is here to answer your questions in Wrangell.
Best 18 Roof Repair in Wrangell, AK with Reviews - YP.com
Local roof repair in Wrangell, AK. Compare expert Roof Repair, read reviews, and find contact information - THE REAL YELLOW PAGES® ... Some roofing options, such as metal tiles, can be placed on top of existing shingles and are easy enough to install that a single contractor can perform the task efficiently. ... If the contractor can install ...
Wrangell 99929 Contractors near me in my area James ...
09 January 19 Expert contractors in Wrangell will assist you today. Imagine years of enjoyment from quality that stands the test of time and get the job done by licensed pros with great expertise, a positive attitude and attention to detail in Wrangell. We are here in Wrangell to answer your questions, help and assist you and guide you in every step of the way.
12 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Tile Contractors in Anchorage, AK on HomeAdvisor. We Have 100 Homeowner Reviews of Top Anchorage Tile Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 15 General Contractors in Petersburg, AK | Houzz
Petersburg, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Petersburg, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
White Enterprises. General Contractor - Wrangell, AK ...
See past project info for White Enterprises including photos, cost and more. Wrangell, AK - General Contractor. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.
Best 15 General Contractors in Wrangell, AK | Houzz
Wrangell, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Wrangell, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.