Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Barrow AK
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Barrow AK, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Barrow AK tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Barrow AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Barrow AK tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alaska, as well as Barrow or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alaska Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Barrow AK tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alaska references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Barrow AK home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Barrow Alaska
Barrow (/ˈbæroʊ/), locally and officially known as Utqiaġvik, (Inupiaq: [ut.qe.ɑʁ.βik], English: /ˌʊtkiˈɑːvɪk/ UUT-kee-AH-vik), is the largest city and the borough seat of the North Slope Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska and is located north of the Arctic Circle. It is one of the northernmost public communities in the world and is the northernmost city in the United States. Nearby Point Barrow is the country's northernmost point. Barrow's population was 4,581 at the 2000 census and 4,212 at the 2010 census.
The location has been home to the Iñupiat, an indigenous Inuit ethnic group, for more than 1,500 years. The city's native name, Utqiaġvik, refers to a place for gathering wild roots. It is derived from the Iñupiat word utqiq, also used for "potato". The name was first recorded in 1853 as "Ot-ki-a-wing" by Commander Maguire, Royal Navy,. John Simpson's native map dated 1855, records the name "Otkiawik," which was misprinted on the subsequent British Admiralty Chart as "Otkiovik."
The name Barrow was derived from Point Barrow, and was originally a general designation, because non-native Alaskan residents found it easier to pronounce than the Inupiat name. A post office established in 1901 helped the name "Barrow" to become dominant. Point Barrow was named after Sir John Barrow of the British Admiralty by explorer Frederick William Beechey in 1825.
In an October 2016 referendum, city voters narrowly approved to change its name from Barrow to its traditional Iñupiaq name, Utqiaġvik. The governor had 45 days to rule on the name change and it was officially adopted on December 1, 2016. City Council member Qaiyaan Harcharek described the name change as supporting use of the Iñupiaq language and being part of a process of "decolonization".
Wednesday 12/19 40%
Snow showers. High -6F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
Thursday 12/20 30%
Scattered snow showers during the morning. Then partly to mostly cloudy for the afternoon. High -4F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
Friday 12/21 10%
Overcast. High -4F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday 12/22 10%
Mostly cloudy. High -8F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday 12/23 10%
Mostly cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High around -10F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph.
Find the Right Barrow AK Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Barrow AK tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alaska
Bing: Barrow AK Tile Installation Contractors Search results
FPM Construction Barrow 99723 Alaska Felder Contractors ...
PO Box 2208 Barrow US, Alaska 99723. Saturday December 15. ... Check out what licensed expert contractors in Barrow can do for you: Bathroom, kitchen, attic, basement remodel Remodel or renovate 1+ rooms Major renovations, fire, storm and water restoration ... Tile flooring - install or repair .
Modular Sheds Services In Barrow, Alaska
The best modular sheds company in Barrow, Alaska. Experts in modular building installations, repairs and more in Barrow.
Find Local Tile Installation Contractors near Valdez AK ...
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Valdez AK, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing.
12 Best Tile Contractors - Anchorage AK | HomeAdvisor
Anchorage Tile Contractors are rated 4.84 out of 5 based on 97 reviews of 12 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Spenard Builders Supply Barrow Alaska Contractors in my area
PO Box 1100 Barrow US, Alaska 99723. No phone number available. ... Expert contractors in Barrow promise to get back to you via email ... Tile flooring - installation and repair Walls, backsplashc countertops Bathroom and shower - install & repair Natural stone - granite, marble, slate etc.
Best 2 Flooring Contractors in Barrow, AK with Reviews ...
The time it takes to install flooring depends on the type of flooring and the size of the room or rooms involved in the project. In one day, a typical contractor can usually install up to 2,000 square feet of carpet, 600 square feet of hardwood or laminate, or 400 square feet of tile or stone.
Best 20 Contractors in Barrow, AK by Superpages
Find the Best Barrow, AK Contractors on Superpages. We have multiple consumer reviews, photos and opening hours.
Best 15 Specialty Contractors in Barrow, AK | Houzz
You can find more specialty contractors in Southerly North Slope Bo. Whether you’re looking for a team of Barrow, AK professionals or a handyman for a small renovation, you’ll find dozens of professional profiles and contact information for specialty contractors here on Houzz.
Best 15 General Contractors in Barrow, AK | Houzz
Barrow, AK General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Barrow, AK. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
Yazzie Drywall. General Contractor - Barrow, AK. Projects ...
See past project info for Yazzie Drywall including photos, cost and more. Barrow, AK - General Contractor. ... Install Carpet Install Air Conditioning Install a Tile Roof Install a Shingle Roof Install a Furnace Install a Fence Install a Concrete Driveway Grind a Medium Tree Stump Screen in Porch Install a Tile Floor.