Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Camden AL
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Camden AL, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Camden AL tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Camden AL, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Camden AL tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama, as well as Camden or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Camden AL tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Alabama references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Camden AL home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Camden Alabama
What is now Camden was established on property donated by Thomas Dunn from his plantation holdings in order to have a new town founded on the site in 1833 to serve as the county seat. Dunn's Federal style house, built in 1825, is the oldest documented house in the town. The first county seat was in the community of Canton Bend.
The county seat was moved in 1833 to Barboursville, later renamed Camden. It had been named Barboursville in honor of United States Congressman Philip Barbour of Virginia. Incorporated in 1841, Camden was renamed by local physician John D. Caldwell in honor of his hometown of Camden, South Carolina.
The area depended on cultivation of cotton as a commodity crop, which was worked by numerous African-American slaves. The earliest documented industries in the town were a brickyard, sawmill, and window fabricator. The Camden Phenix was the town's earliest known newspaper. Townspeople founded a girls' school in 1844, the Wilcox Female Seminary and Female Institute, whose red-brick Greek-Revival style building was constructed from 1845–50. In 1976 the former school was adapted to house the Wilcox County Historical Society.
During the American Civil War, many in the community joined the Confederate cause. The county courthouse was ransacked by Union forces in 1865, but advance warning allowed county officials to remove the county records to a safe place (legend claims that they were buried in a coffin) prior to arrival of Union troops. Already devastated by the Civil War, Camden suffered fires during 1869 and 1870 that destroyed about two-thirds of the town. The town began to recover during the 1880s, with the first bank incorporated in 1894.
Wednesday 12/19 80%
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy this morning. Increasing clouds with periods of showers this afternoon. High 64F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Thursday 12/20 70%
Rain. Thunder possible. High 61F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.
Friday 12/21 60%
Chance of Rain
Cloudy with occasional light rain...mainly in the morning. High around 45F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Saturday 12/22 10%
Sunny. High 59F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday 12/23 20%
A mix of clouds and sun early, then becoming cloudy later in the day. High 66F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Find the Right Camden AL Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Camden AL tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Alabama
Bing: Camden AL Tile Installation Contractors Search results
The 10 Best Flooring Contractors in Camden, AL 2018 - Porch
The most trusted flooring contractors in Camden, AL are on Porch. See costs, photos, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local interior or exterior house painting companies.
The 10 Best Tile Installation Services in Camden, AL 2018 ...
The most trusted tile installation services in Camden are on Porch. See costs, licenses and reviews from friends and neighbors. Get the best info on local tile installation services.
2 Best Tile Contractors - Camden AL | HomeAdvisor
Camden Tile Contractors are rated 4.77 out of 5 based on 14 reviews of 2 pros. The HomeAdvisor Community Rating is an overall rating based on verified reviews and feedback from our community of homeowners that have been connected with service professionals.
Best 15 General Contractors in Camden, AL | Houzz
Camden, AL General Contractors If you're on the brink of a large home improvement project, remodel, or new build, you'll likely want to hire a general contractor in Camden, AL. These professionals manage all aspects of the job to ensure it's completed on schedule and to your satisfaction.
2 Best Tile Installation & Repair Companies - Camden AL ...
Hire the Best Tile Installers and Repair Companies in Camden, AL on HomeAdvisor. Compare Homeowner Reviews from 2 Top Camden Tile Install or Repair services. Get Quotes & Book Instantly. ... Recent Job Requests for Install or Repair Tile Contractors in Camden, Alabama: Project Location: Camden , AL 36726.
Tile Installers in Camden | Tile Camden AL contractors
The typical charge for tile repairing in Camden Alabama is $226.17. Price of all components which are essential for tile repairing in Camden Alabama which may involve: fasteners, fabrication and polishing disposables, manufacturer recommended underlayment, adhesives and surface sealants - around $42.80 & $42.80.
Tile Contractors Camden,AL - dexknows.com
Local Tile Contractors in Camden,AL with maps, local business reviews, directions and more.
Best 14 Tile Contractors Dealers in Camden, AL with ...
Tile Contractors Dealers in Camden on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tile-Contractors & Dealers in Camden, AL. Start your search by typing in the business name below.
Vinyl Flooring Installation Near Me Camden AL 36726 ...
Camden, Alabama. What is now Camden was established on property donated by Thomas Dunn from his plantation holdings in order to have a new town founded on the site in 1833 to serve as the county seat.