Hiring Professional Tile Installers near Colorado City AZ
From time to time you may need a professional tile installer near Colorado City AZ, but how do you choose the best contractor? Obviously you want to find contractors that are not only experienced working with ceramic, porcelain or natural stone tile, but who are also professionals that will deliver a beautifully finished product. You want to be proud to show off your new floor tile, kitchen backsplash or shower stall tile to your friends, family and neighbors. But where do you start? A skilled residential or commercial tiling contractor can be a one man shop or part of a larger tiling or home improvement company. But the most important consideration is to find someone who not only works in your area, but has an excellent reputation for quality service at competitive and reasonable prices. And for your protection and convenience, you should be able to receive quotes either by phone, email or in person from contractors prior to making your decision. That way you will know how much the job will cost before work begins. So let’s take a look at a few things that you should consider before hiring a local tile installer.
Bathroom, Kitchen and Floor Tiling
Following is a list of some of the services a local Colorado City AZ tile remodeling company offers. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any type of tile services or remodeling not listed, please request your free quotes for more information.
- Kitchen Backsplash Install and Repair
- Shower Stall Tile Install and Repair
- Floor Tile Install and Repair
- Wall Tile Install and Repair
- Grout Cleaning and Replacement
- Ceramic and Porcelain Tile
- Natural Stone Tile (Marble, Granite, Slate)
- Tile Countertops
- Mosaic and Glass Tile
- Subway Style Tile
Choose Your Tile Contractor
When selecting a general contractor for tile installation in Colorado City AZ, it is necessary to take some important steps to make sure that you are hiring a reputable and skilled professional. Yes, every City and State has laws in place requiring minimum standards for all remodeling, additions, restorations and repairs of housing. And although all contractors must follow these laws and standards, they will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unsatisfactory results. So follow these guidelines when considering hiring a tiling expert for your kitchen, bathroom or flooring tile project.
- Ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is the best way to find a reputable and professional Colorado City AZ tile remodeling contractor. Friends and family are always a good place to start. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain free estimates from local tile contractors by requesting a quote from this website.
- Verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Arizona, as well as Colorado City or your Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Arizona Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually low or high, ask them why. Ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will it take, or do they anticipate any problems or delays. Be wary if the Colorado City AZ tiling contractor doesn’t ask you many questions.
- Check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check Arizona references. Ask if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently?
- Get everything in writing. After making your final choice, be sure to review all of the documents that your Colorado City AZ home remodeling contractor has prepared. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Comp as well as Liability Insurance and a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the payment schedule is outlined so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
A Little Bit About Colorado City Arizona
Colorado City, Arizona
Colorado City is a town in Mohave County, Arizona, United States, and is located in a region known as the Arizona Strip. According to the 2010 census, the population of the town was 4,821. At least three Mormon fundamentalist sects are said to have been based there.
Colorado City, formerly known as Short Creek (or the Short Creek Community), was founded in 1913 by members of the Council of Friends, a breakaway group from the Salt Lake City-based The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). The Council of Friends membership desired a remote location where they could practice plural marriage, which had been publicly abandoned by the LDS Church in 1890. On July 26, 1953, Arizona Governor John Howard Pyle sent troops into the settlement to stop polygamy in what became known as the Short Creek raid. The two-year legal battle that followed became a public relations disaster that damaged Pyle's political career and set a hands-off tone toward the town in Arizona for the next 50 years.
After the death of Joseph W. Musser, the community split into two groups: the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints stayed in Short Creek, while the Apostolic United Brethren relocated to Bluffdale, Utah. The FLDS changed the name of the community to Colorado City (on the Arizona side of the border) and Hildale (on the Utah side) to eliminate any ties to the Short Creek raids.
In January 2004, the local FLDS fundamentalist leader, Warren Jeffs, expelled a group of 20 men, including the mayor, and gave their wives and children to other men. Jeffs, now a convicted sexual predator, stated he was acting on the orders of God, while the men expelled claimed they were penalized for disagreeing with Jeffs. Observers stated[by whom?] that this was the most severe split to date within the community other than the split between Colorado City and Centennial Park. According to the Utah attorney general's office, this was not the first time Jeffs was accused of expelling men from the community; as many as 400 young men are estimated to have been expelled by Jeffs from 2001–2006. Most were removed for failing to follow Jeffs' rules, or for dating women without his permission. Many of these expelled men and boys were very naïve and sheltered, often wound up homeless in nearby towns such as Hurricane, Utah and St. George, Utah. Jeffs was placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted list and eventually arrested on August 28, 2006.
Monday 01/21 50%
Occasional snow showers. High 39F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Tuesday 01/22 0%
Sunny skies. High 41F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday 01/23 0%
Sunny. High 46F. Winds light and variable.
Thursday 01/24 0%
Sunny. High 51F. Winds light and variable.
Friday 01/25 0%
Mainly sunny. High 52F. Winds light and variable.
Find the Right Colorado City AZ Tiling Contractor
Finding the right Colorado City AZ tile remodeling contractor in your area is easier than ever! Just request your free estimates from this website now. There is no obligation to receive free proposals from some of the top licensed and pre-screened tile installers servicing your area. Trained professionals are standing by waiting for your request to compete for your business. So what are you waiting for? Find the right tile installer at the right price now!
Some More Interesting Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 9
Bing: Colorado City AZ Tile Installation Contractors Search results
Register - Login
UTC EH&S and ITC Contractor Training. Go back to Login page. For Help, click here.
Roofing Contractors in Colorado Springs, CO - HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Roofing Contractors in Colorado Springs, CO on HomeAdvisor. We Have 825 Homeowner Reviews of Top Colorado Springs Roofing Contractors. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Top Contractors in Colorado Springs, CO - HomeAdvisor
This company came out and did the job in one trip. When I first had the issue, the first company came out and baited the garage with ... Full Review - Lana S. of Colorado Springs, CO
How Much Do TAMKO Roof Shingles Cost?
TAMKO Roof Shingle Prices. TAMKO, founded in Joplin, Missouri, began selling a single line of asphalt roofing shingle in 1944. More than 65 years later the company remains headquartered in Joplin and is still a leading manufacturer of asphalt shingles.
Contractors Supplemental - USLI
i. Boiler system installation, service or repair q True q False j. Work on foundations or chimneys q True q False k. Waterproofing operations q True q False
Stamped Concrete | Contractors, Pictures, Designs
What Is Stamped Concrete? Stamped Concrete is an exciting and beautiful concrete process whereby freshly poured concrete is imprinted with any one of numerous and diverse patterns that resemble in an almost indistinguishable fashion, that of authentic paving surfaces commonly found naturally, such as slate, brick, cobblestone, tile and wood. At a typically lower cost and price point than ...
Hoover Dam - Wikipedia
Hoover Dam is a concrete arch-gravity dam in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River, on the border between the U.S. states of Nevada and Arizona.It was constructed between 1931 and 1936 during the Great Depression and was dedicated on September 30, 1935, by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.Its construction was the result of a massive effort involving thousands of workers, and cost over one ...
- AZ UTRACS
Skip to main content. Call us: 602.712.7761 | Email: [email protected]
Find Roof Repair Contractors - Fix Your Leaking Roof!
Categories » Repair Fix It! Roof Repair Contractors to the Rescue, Free Estimates Fast. Loose shingles, missing shingles, and stains appearing on the ceiling inside your house due to a leaky roof are all indicators that your roof is in need of repair.
Find Home Improvement Contractors, Get Repair & Remodeling ...
FixTheHome.com is a home improvement tips and referral service website that helps you find local home improvement contractors and also get DIY tips, advice, etc.